63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

Patty that is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to finish mine, but since it's for 'me' it gets put on the back burner sometimes. Did you do each square? I'm having trouble with some, will try them again though, and if necessary just omit them.

Thank you. I did all the squares as in the pattern except for #53, which I changed because I could not get it to look right.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

patty

exellent job thats an awsome afghan :clap

i wish i`ll finish mine soooooooon

kathy

don`t put it behind i have hubby`s afghan not yet done but working on mine more :lol

Hi everyone! I started this afghan a couple of years ago:eek and would really like to get it finished. :blush I have 52 of 63 completed so far. Hopefully joining will help motivate me!

Candy

you are more than welcome :)

wow you are too far ahead of me Lol

Kathy

i kept this a side also for couple of weeks but this week i`m trying to work more

how many squares youre up to now???

I finally got the book again. LOL. Now I have to get these squares organized so I know which ones still need to be done. Plus I need more yarn. So I probably won't actually make any more till the first of the month. But I am back on the right track with it.

I recently finished my afghan after several years. Good luck. I checked out your blog and I really like your colors. Can't wait to see pictures of it completed.

:cheer

I finally got the book again. LOL. Now I have to get these squares organized so I know which ones still need to be done. Plus I need more yarn. So I probably won't actually make any more till the first of the month. But I am back on the right track with it.

I have finished SO MANY projects since I started this I can't count. For some reason I always seem to get stalled.

hello ladeis

the only problem that made this afghan always on back hold is the wrong gauge

every one hated this project because of the gauge even the other 63books has the same problem :(

Hi ladies...I'm a newbie to this forum, and until now, I've pretty much been lurking. A friend and I started the Great 63 a month or so ago, and I've stalled on it. I was reading through the posts and saw the picture of the one done all in one color...and I fell in love. I'm seriously thinking of making a run to walmart for yarn, so I can start over. Would you care if I joined in?

Mindy

I started this aphghan last year sometime. I think I'm somewere in the 50's. Maybe joining this CAL can give me the kick in the booty I need!

:yay I was going through my crochet books and I came across the 63 Easy To Crochet Patterns Stitches book which I must have brought some years ago. I do not remember even crocheting any of the squares. I am going to think about if I should join in this CAL since I am just finishing a baby blanket, started working on a ripple blanket, but this will be eaiser to carry with me to work on. So I'll give it some thought if I should join in. :thair

Cheeria

You should join us, I'm taking a break from it right now, since it will be a 'for me' project; and working on swaps and such. But once I'm done with my doing for others, I'll sit down and make a few more squares for me.

They also make great dishcloth/washcloth patterns. In fact, I should try a few for my dishcloth swap and baby washcloths for a charity craft show.

I'd love to join and have gone to the links to join but they don't work for me. I am on Flickr.com as well as "cockermom". I have the book scanned but will order the book to get an original copy! :)

Welcome to the 63 Squares Crochet-Along!

We are crocheting the afghan from the booklet 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan (Leisure Arts #555). It is widely available in Walmart, craft stores, online stores, and on eBay.

To join, you must fill out the Join Form. If any of your information ever changes, please fill out the Update Form. This is an ongoing crochet-along; I intend to keep it open as long as there is interest.

When you finish your afghan, please send me a photo for the gallery if you are able.

The button. If you would like a button for your blog or web site, please use this one. If you use it, link it to this page:

http://yarntomato.com/63squares/

63squares.gif

---------------------------

Original Message:

Hi, everybody!

When I posted in my blog about doing the 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan, some of you guys said you might want to do it, too. So. . . I am now hoping to get a crochet along going. I've made an info page for it at yarntomato.com/63squares.

I will tempt you with a pretty button:

63squares.gif

:cheer Ok I'm in :cheer :cheer I looked through the book and some of the squares scare me. LOL :devil But I am willing to try doing them for I love to crochet.

cheeria

A couple of the squares don't come out right for me, so I may skip them and repeat another one I LIKE making. This ones is for me, so I want to enjoy making it.

Play around with your gauge...the book is WAY off. Either use a smaller hook, or just make a bigger ghan but know you'll need more yarn.

Hi to everyone :clap Yesterday I tried to do a square but when I check the gauge it was more than 7" so I had to frog it ( I think that is what it is called in the crochet world LOL) :eek so I have no square to show for my time. Once I get the gauge correct I will try again. On each and every square do I have to check the gauge????? :angry If I do then this will really be a very slow WIP, if I do not give up. Perhaps that is why the book was just sitting around unused. :devil

Cheeria,

Sadly, yes, you'll have to check your gauge on every square. I've pretty much given up on it, and decided to go with a G hook for everything, and I'll add rounds of sc if necessary to size them all up.

Best of luck with the squares!

Mindy

Archived