63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:2rockI just finished the first row of my last square! :jumpyay Looks like I will be done in a few days!:bounce:woo
:hug:manyheart:clap:cheerGood for you! I made a little progress over the weekend. I'm up to #38.

I am getting ready to buy the yarn for this afghan.

The yarn I am thinking of is a Caron Pounder, I'm leaning towards "Lace" and want to do all 63 squares in the same color.

When adding up the material list I get 74 ozs.

Divided by 16 ozs. (the pounders) looks like I need 4.6 pounds.

Is this enough? Should I buy 6 just to be on the safe side with dye lots and stuff?

I can always find use for another pound of yarn!

Has anyone used Caron for this?

Were you happy with the outcome?

I'm using Pounders, and really like them...WARNING No Dye Lot does NOT mean they are all the same. Take about 8-10 skeins and put them in strong natural light if possible at the front of the store...then buy 6 of the ones that are the same. Like you say, you'll find use for the leftovers, and better too much than not enough.

I'm using Pounders, and really like them...WARNING No Dye Lot does NOT mean they are all the same. Take about 8-10 skeins and put them in strong natural light if possible at the front of the store...then buy 6 of the ones that are the same. Like you say, you'll find use for the leftovers, and better too much than not enough.

Better yet, each skein DOES have a lot number so you can match lot number to guarantee the skeins will be much closer. I figured that one out when I was making a jumper for DH.:think

MMmm- But I wanted to buy them online.

Knitting_warehouse.com

What to do?

Maybe I'll place my order on the phone.

Thanks Ladies!

Lorraine

Better yet, each skein DOES have a lot number so you can match lot number to guarantee the skeins will be much closer. I figured that one out when I was making a jumper for DH.:think

I just received my copy of 63 and 63 cable stitches. I can't wait to start !:) I'm a beginner and have so far done scarves, shrugs and baby blankets. Can you please recommend the colour and perhaps the brand of the yarn which is suitable for a newbie like me ? I would like to make 1 for us and another one for my uncle and aunt !:) I can't see well with darker color like navy blue, I think I'm getting far sighted since I'm almost 40yo! :lol:

Thank you !:)

Thanks for the websites, Lorraine. I have 63 and 63 more books, not 63 cables book. Where can I get it, the cables version? I will be checking those threads on and off. It will be ages before I can join in. I hope to finish up about 25 WIPs first.

Thanks for the websites, Lorraine. I have 63 and 63 more books, not 63 cables book. Where can I get it, the cables version? I will be checking those threads on and off. It will be ages before I can join in. I hope to finish up about 25 WIPs first.

I got my 63 and 63 cable stitches from a Canadian website. My 63 more is coming , I just got it from Ebay!:)

• 1 month later...

looks like everyone else is stalled on this right now too! I only have 1/2 square and I can start assembling. :eek It's calling me from the corner of my room :devil

Thanks Donna. I won't be able to post any pictures until Friday. I don't have a digital camera, but my daughter does. She's coming home from college then. I told my husband that I want a digital camera for Christmas, then I can post pictures whenever I want.:hook

Archived