63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stopping by to say I am "STILL" in this thing! I've managed to get through square 41 finished up and started on 42 today. I'm trying so hard to get this thing finished up before we move because I think it will be easier to pack up in once piece rather than 40 squares, plus skeins of yarns, plus notes lol. I'm also afraid that if I pack it before finishing it, that I may never unpack and finish it! You know, out of sight, out of mind!

• 6 months later...

So how is the progress on this afghan coming along? I always say that this is the pattern that mocks me. I started several years ago and never finished. Started again in different colors and progressed quite well until we moved. Then, I wanted one made with scraps. So now I have two of these waiting to be finished! Today I did 2 blocks of the scrap one in a light purple color.

I have learned a lot doing this monster. Perserverence is one thing. I WILL finish both of them. Also, I've learned how to make the squares come out all the same size, and I've learned not to let yarn frustrate me so much!

ohh i didnt think that someone is working on it too

im glad

im working over on it

i bought the yarn looooong time ago and started it few days ago made 2 squares but i got busy with some traditional events in my town so i will go back to it these days

How are things coming? I've done about 3 more squares in bright red. In the red-green-white color scheme(also known as the Mountain Dew blanket), I have about 37 squares done. In the random-color scheme, I have about 9 squares done. I find the edging to be somewhat difficult. It's supposed to be 25 stitches in between the corners, and most of the time I have to add or decrease.

Still plugging away....

• 4 months later...

I just joined this "Team".... I made this Afghan 10 years ago...I have pictures...... I am making it again now only way downsized with pink baby yarn ...each square is about 5 by 5 inches...maybe even 4.5 by 4.5 inches....

I am currently working on this afghan as well. I am on the #5 square and I can't understand why my guage is so off from the previous 4 squares. I went up a couple hooks sizes to compensate however it is still a little bit smaller than the others.

• 1 year later...

Hi - I have square 30 squares completed......this is for my daughter. Square 31 keeps I have started over 3 times. changed hooks, tension, but must be reading patterns wrong. anyone else have trouble like this?

Archived