63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

One of my goals for this year is to finish the 63 square ghan I started 2-3 years ago which is meant for my bed. I don't know why I keep putting it off. I love the colors of it and I was having fun making the squares. I find it very difficult to finish a project slotted for myself though with no deadline to work for.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:faint:jumpyay

I thought everyone had gone away on this one! I really bad want to make a couple of these this year for Christmas gifts, and need to start NOW! ..but I didn't want to be aloooone:(

I am soooo happy that you are here! :D

q8_crochet: when do you go back to school? Your schedule for this looks pretty aggressive! good for you! :applause

swayde: I know what you mean, I keep dropping the "for me" wip's everytime someone else "needs" something... maybe we can do this "together"? We can do it!!! I know we can....:cheer

:faint:jumpyay

I thought everyone had gone away on this one! I really bad want to make a couple of these this year for Christmas gifts, and need to start NOW! ..but I didn't want to be aloooone:(

I am soooo happy that you are here! :D

q8_crochet: when do you go back to school? Your schedule for this looks pretty aggressive! good for you! :applause

swayde: I know what you mean, I keep dropping the "for me" wip's everytime someone else "needs" something... maybe we can do this "together"? We can do it!!! I know we can....:cheer

Right after we finish our flannelghans =):clap

I'm working on this too. i just finished square #37. 26 to go!!! I've been working on it for a month straight. It's for the bed in our motor home so I'm trying to finish by spring. I'm using purple, yellow, and orange (goldfish) vanna's choice.

square 1 is done...

it is in RHSS Plum. That color always seems to speak to me lately.

I can't decide what other colors I want with it, though...:think maybe a Medium Thyme and Buff? I have a couple of skeins of SageMary left that would be pretty for the border :scrachin

When I figure it out, I will let you all know... meanwhile I might be skipping around in the book to do all of the squares that call for green in my plum color.

hope you are having a fun day:yay

We're using brown, green, and a multicolored brown/green/blue thread.

Sounds a lot like mine...using a medium hunter green color, a medium country blue and a medium honey brown. The colors look fabulous together.

I finished # 6 (i went up a hook size to keep the size right.)

now i am on # 8.

I am skipping around to do the squares called in green first. My hook sizes are I & J. I want this to be a bedspread for a queen sized bed.

...still haven't decided what to do for other colors yet, but I still have time :wink

Thought I would let you know, a friend of mine had on Tues. Night at our crochet group another new book for this. It was called "63 Sampler squares" and the cover afghan was all in white. very pretty.

Sandy

Ok I am a dork not #9 it is #8 the chevron relief stitch. every time I do it it turns out to be a parallelogram instead of a square, I cant figure out why it is doing that I have counted and recounted but it keeps turning out wrong...what am I doing wrong and how do I change it to make it a square...I am getting really really frustrated with it.

Play around with where your first and last stitch go. It took me a few tries, too. The trick is making sure that you have that "last stitch" in the row, which should go in the "up chain" of the row below, if you will. If necessary, let your "up chain" (the chain you make to move up to the next row) be the first stitch.

I hope this helps... let me know if it doesn't, ok?

:eek I just finished #8, and it is too short (stitch width is good, though)

I will be :2frog:2froging it again, and trying hdc's on the sc rows...

see? this reconfirms my belief that this pattern book is a true test of patience... :rofl

Oh well, at least we are doing it together, right?!

I would skip it, and go back (or not)...

what size are your squares coming out? You could do a square search for a replacement here:

www.crochetpatterncentral.com

sometimes just walking away from it for a while does the trick... when i got stuck on a square the last time I made this ghan, I just skipped it and went back later. It seemed to work better that way.

so sorry you are so frustrated :(

Archived