Is this really sad or just a clever idea? **It's CLEVER, I'm brilliant!!** :)

I think it's a great idea - it's like flashcards without the impact on trees (if you want to take a conservation perspective! LOL!). Definitely I would put them on audio as well, learning by "DOING" with the typing, then learning by "SEEING" with the slides, and learning by "HEARING" with the audio - you can't go wrong! No matter what type of learner you are, you are covering all the bases... :D

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I took my test today and FLEW through it!! I knew all the answers except one and that one I had a pretty good guess. I almost had a heart attack/nervous breakdown though since I slept through my alarm clock and woke up at 8:05.....my exam was at 8:00 and I live 15 minutes from campus without traffic!!:eek:eek Lucky for me though, our class is usually scheduled at 8:30 so the teacher gave those there at 8 time to study and didn't start the test until 8:30. I made it there with about a minute to spare!! Normally it's not that big of a deal, you just have less time for your test, but this is an art history class, and 50% of your grade is slide identification which she only goes through the images once. But I made it and I'm certain I got an A!!

Midds---I PMed you about the Mic!! I'm so using this next semester!! Haha! I've actually been looking into getting an attatchment for my ipod that converts it into a recorder so I could listen to my lectures anywhere!

Sofia---Glad to have a teacher input that I'm not totally crazy!! I usually make flashcards and that is the way for me....writing them/creating them forces me to review the material and then it's easy for me to quiz myself, so I had a feeling it would work!

Everyone, feel free to steal my CLEVER idea!! :hook

Now to reward myself...with more crocheting!!!

Good job on your test! YAY! Isn't it such a relief to be done? With all the reading and studying from this semester I know I'm ready for summer and I'm sure you are as well! My test today will be a breeze (I have a 97 in the class, missed 2 on the first test and 1 on the other) but tomorrow's is HARD!!! I've been studying for it as much as possible since Monday (my other hard one!). Wish me luck! And Sofia, I love that you come up with unique ideas to help your studends study! Powerpoints, review, and study guides as well as other things (games etc.) my professors have come up with help me a great deal! Oh, and VCU fashion...I get kind of antsy in class just sitting there, so I'll bring a color of yarn and work on one part of squares (which I just learned) or before that dishrags...It is relaxing like you said and it helps me to actually pay BETTER attention to my teacher, because I don't daydream or anything! Plus, having one color of yarn isn't distracting to others!

So, as many of you other ladies, I am addicted to crocheting.

I have so many projects I cannot put down.

But I have a test tomorrow morning.

I typed up all my notes and set them up to play on an automatic slide show in powerpoint so I can "watch" them while I crochet.

Sad, or clever? I think clever, but I have a biased opinion!!! :)

that is quite clever...and how much will you retain...while you are at peace with the world.

If you have a Windows based computer (I dont know anything about Macs) you can use the Narrarator program that comes with most Windows computers to "read" your notes to you.

I took a Desktop Publishing class several years ago, and we had to do a Power Point presentation on some feature that Windows had that you could use with any feature of Microsoft Office...so I did mine on the Handicap Accessible features....and good thing too. Back in August when I had a SERIOUS vision problem in one eye, I used those programs to read posts on various crochet forums and to read stories to me at night to get to sleep.

You can also use the Dictation program to "type" up your notes into the computer while you're crocheting. You still need a microphone (a headset mic works best) and you have to "train" the computer to your voice by reading in a bunch of text, but it's a handy feature to have on your computer. My Desktop Publishing teacher had no idea those programs were on the computers. I had taken my laptop in to class with me so I could show off how well I could control the computer with just my voice, and how it could read back to me.

There are other programs out there that you can buy that have a much better speaking voice than Microsoft Sam (the built in voice that comes with the computer) I use the program called TextAloud. When you buy the full program of TA, it comes with two Natural Voices that really do sound a lot better than MS Sam...

I think I got my copy of TA for about $50 or $60 from Amazon...I LOVE that program. I can even use it to make mp3 files of stuff that I want to read to play in my mp3 player. Totally cool.

• 1 year later...

That's an amazing idea. If I wasn't too sleepy tonight I'd do that right now! But I have to get up reeeaallly early for class tomorrow.. so maybe next time.

:yay :clapVery good idea. I can see this idea being used for other things besides studying for a test. How about trying to figure out a new crochet stitch - have it on powerpoint while you are attempting to do the stitch. Or learning a new procedure/task for your 9-5 job. Or memorizing something - poem, speech, Bible passage - while you are crocheting. Very good idea.:tup

Definitely a clever idea! I always have to write out my notes to remember them and read through them a million times. You did it all! Great job getting the A!!

Archived