Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but what the heck. This is the beginning of my 3SURR (3 Strand Ugly Round Ripple) which I am making for me to replace the yellow one. It's not blended the way the others I've done are. But it is in the sense that I'm using three skeins, none of which are alike and just switching to whatever strikes my fancy when a skein runs out. :lol :lol :lol

DCP_1259.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, Carol. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a size P hook. 2 Skeins each of Royal Blue, Delft Blue, Lavender, and Soft Navy Blue. 2 and 1/2 Skeins of Amethyst. 33 rows total. Color sequence: 2 rows Amethyst, 2 rows Amethyst with Lavender, 2 rows Lavender, 2 rows Lavender with Delft Blue, 2 rows Delft Blue, 2 rows Delft Blue with Royal Blue, 3 rows Royal Blue, reverse color scheme ending with 3 rows Amethyst, 3 rows Amethyst with Soft Navy Blue and 2 rows of Soft Navy.:hook

Hi Linda,

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your pattern colors and scheme with me!!!! I'm heading out to the Wally World this weekend to gather up those colors...even though I'm sure mine won't look as scrumptious as yours!!! Thanks, again!!:manyheart

Carol

Hi, there, Judy. Yup, I'm using 3 strands with a P hook. It really isn't that different from using 2 strands, at least as far as the crocheting is concerned. The blanket is heavier, but that's okay, since this one is STAYING MINE, and I'm always cold and in search of a warm blanket.

Hi, there, Judy. Yup, I'm using 3 strands with a P hook. It really isn't that different from using 2 strands, at least as far as the crocheting is concerned. The blanket is heavier, but that's okay, since this one is STAYING MINE, and I'm always cold and in search of a warm blanket.

I was wondering if the P would be too hard to work with 3 strands...but you've added another idea to my WIM list!

PS...what lucky person is getting the yellow one?

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but what the heck. This is the beginning of my 3SURR (3 Strand Ugly Round Ripple) which I am making for me to replace the yellow one. It's not blended the way the others I've done are. But it is in the sense that I'm using three skeins, none of which are alike and just switching to whatever strikes my fancy when a skein runs out. :lol :lol :lol

DCP_1259.jpg

Its looking good Linda. Are you changing just one strand at a time.

Hi, Wendy. Yup, I'm changing colors as I run out of however much is in a given skein. I really like the affect I'm getting from having at least one of the strands variegated, so I may actually buy a few variegated skeins to put in this. I only have one more variegated skein in the stash. I've mostly used solids.

While out running errands I picked up 2 variegated skeins for my 3SURR. Also picked up enough yarn for an RR to be done in pinks for Kim's mom for Christmas. The yellow one is going to John's parents. My hook needs to start flying even faster. :hook

There is smoke on the horizon its coming from across the ocean, I see it, oh my goodness its Linda's hook.

Linda I cant wait to see your progress on your 3sub ripple.

I have nearly finished my blended ripple and its huge, takes forever to go round now. Just 2 rows and the border and Im done. woohoo. I have really enjoyed doing this one. I wanna make more. Please sir can I make more.

Mary Maxim site has free shipping until the 3rd and they have a peaceful pastels round ripple kit which includes the yarn using the blended technique. Looks quite good.

How did I miss THAT!?:eek:think

Linda, I think someone had better stand alongside you with a fire extinguisher - your hook is going to be SMOKING!:hook

:rofl :rofl :rofl Better get here quick. I'm already on row 11 of the pink RR.

Sheesh... no wonder I didn't start crocheting sooner. It'd be too hard to keep up if you were in the same house!!! :laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Another row down... Yeah! Just another six to go before I have to figure out what to do next.

You have to remember that I've been off duty, pleasing only myself today, with no husband or 4 year old to take care of. Makes a big difference. Plus the inner rows go much faster than the outside rows. :hug

Yeah!!!! :yay The pink RR for Kim's mom is all done except for hiding the tails, which I'll do tomorrow. I'll take a picture of it too. My crochet hook has really been smoking. I'm impressed with myself. I didn't know I could do one in just two days. Whew! Glad it's done. :lol

Wendy, I made a shell border on the pink ripple. Just started with a half shell (ch3 and 2 DCs) and spaced it evenly all around. Had to fusge a little at the end, but it still came out really nice. Someone else here used a picot, I think, but I like this border. For a guy I'd just do a hdc/rev sc.

Judy is that what you did with the pink ripple.

I have finished the 2 rows of the dark blue and now want to do one more row doing a border. I like what you did with the pink ripple.

Yup - I would make a shell, then skip (usually) 2 stitches, sc, sk 2 st, then make a shell. I put the shells and sc wherever they helped keep the RR lay flat.

I've searched the forum, but I can't seem to find the post that I remember seeing. Basically what they'd done, was to do a standard 12 point round ripple. Part way through they attached some diamonds in the dips to create and additional 12 points, for a total of 24 points. It looked totally awesome, but I can't find the post to be able to figure out how to make the diamond inserts.

Good morning everyone!

I'm not an official member of this CAL but do check the posts daily, to get inspiration and a few chuckles. You're a pretty funny group here and I enjoy reading the posts, even though I don't contribute much. I'm working on my first RR & debating over whether or not to make it a 12 to 24 point RR...Anyway, I think this is the thread you are looking for:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46562

I'm also trying to figure out the method used in this RR:

http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2007/05/16/6point-to-24point-round-ripple-blanket-greens-blues-multi.php#makenewpoints (Sorry, I don't know how to make the small links.) She uses a different method rather than adding squares. I can't explain it as well as she does but it has a different look than the one with the squares added on. I haven't quite figured out her method yet, but am working on it!

Hope this helps...I'm off to check out Mary Maxim Free Shipping..Woo Hoo. I'm so glad I checked this thread today.:hook

I'm also trying to figure out the method used in this RR:

http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2007/05/16/6point-to-24point-round-ripple-blanket-greens-blues-multi.php#makenewpoints (Sorry, I don't know how to make the small links.) She uses a different method rather than adding squares. I can't explain it as well as she does but it has a different look than the one with the squares added on. I haven't quite figured out her method yet, but am working on it!

:hook

it is actually quite interesting. She begins about half way down a row and builds each individual new point in place. The decreases seem to form the new point. I'll have to try this method just for the fun of it all. :wlol

Thanks for sharing that link.

Archived