Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

hey this is a great idea and similar to what i do for so many of my projects that i am marking this to refer to so that i can join right in too! grins, debra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey this is a great idea and similar to what i do for so many of my projects that i am marking this to refer to so that i can join right in too! grins, debra

Hi! Great to have you on board...we come and go here, but someone is always checking in if you need any suggestions.:hook

I finally got myself into gear with a little prodding from someone (Mom) who wanted to see the ghan so far and snapped off a couple of pictures. Not much progress the last few days, but it was neat seeing it spread out on the queen bed. Totally different perspective than when it's laying across your lap as you work on it. I can't quite believe that it stretches the entire width of the bed.

For those of you that are interested, that's my cat Princess at the corner of the bed. Right after this picture was taken she decided that she wanted to curl up on the ghan, so I had to give her a firm no and shew her off. Silly kitty, always wanting to curl up on things!

RoundRipple_Blues_200804.JPG

Joy, it is exquisite!! Glad my prodding got you show off for us. It is lovely! :yay:clap:yay:clap:yay

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, I want to tell Joy that that is an incredible afghan. Wonderful work and the colour is beautiful!!!!

My knitting Daily (enews) offered this scarf as a free pattern

http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/scarves_belts/Spectrum-Scarf-407-1.html

You have to be registered and logged in to be able to get the pattern but it is wonderful. they start with 4 strands of the same colour and then work down the rows gradually altering the strands a la Van Gogh.

I just finished weaving in the ends on this one. It's done with 4 strands of yarn and an S (19 mm) hook. It went fairly fast, but I certainly felt clumsy with that huge hook and 4 strands. Colors are Red Heart Claret and Black. Size is approximately 70 inches across.

Images are linked to the Photobucket images.

th_2008-05-12-003_.jpg th_2008-05-12-004.jpg th_2008-05-12-005.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Gene, it is wonderful!!!:yay:cheer:yay Love the colors.

I've done one with 3 strands, but four strands is awesome. I can't imagine using a hook that size. I thought that a P was bad enough.

• 7 months later...
Well I've been making progress slowly but surely on my Blue Round Ripple. Today I was working on it for about an hour and discovered that I didn't have enough of the Country Blue left. So I made a trip to Michael's to pick up another skien, and they were out!!! :eek Plenty of Light Country Blue and Dark Country Blue, but absolutely no Country Blue. :( They get stuff in on Tuesday and Thursday, but have no way of knowing what's on the truck. Sigh.

I think I have skien here...I'll have to check later on...

Hey, I checked my stash just in case and I've got an unused skein of country blue, Joy, I'll send it your way. I have very little of the Simply Soft on hand, so this is quite a find. :hug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started by grandbaby's Van Gogh RR. It's my first blanket for the grandbaby and my first RR. :manyheart

I'm using RHSS White, Petal Pink, Pretty N Pink, Shocking Pink and Candy Print. She's 3 and she pretty much picked the colors. :hook

I'm so excited. :cheer

I just started by grandbaby's Van Gogh RR. It's my first blanket for the grandbaby and my first RR. :manyheart

I'm using RHSS White, Petal Pink, Pretty N Pink, Shocking Pink and Candy Print. She's 3 and she pretty much picked the colors. :hook

I'm so excited. :cheer

It's going to be gorgeous...esp adding the vivid pinks and the variegated! Looking forward to seeing a pic of it when it's done!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived