Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

I think I might play with the granny square "fill-in" and see how that works. Looks like a 3 or 4 round square. I can see it in fuzzy yarn, or something unique like that.

That other method...well, my brain refuses to see it right now, so I saved it for another time.

This will certainly make my next RR interesting!...and NO...not yet:lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are so welcome, glad I could help a little. I'm going to try the second method eventually, as soon as I do a few more rounds on my RR. Am trying to figure out the halfway point, so I can change to 24 points in that round. This is my first RR and am having so much fun with it. :crocheting

you guys are better than me I hink I understand the granny method better than the second one I guess im one that if i see it done i can figure it out better. I definately am hooked on the ripples and want to do a 24 method one that is for sure.

you guys are better than me I hink I understand the granny method better than the second one I guess im one that if i see it done i can figure it out better. I definately am hooked on the ripples and want to do a 24 method one that is for sure.

You and me both!

A 3 or 4 round granny and you're done!

I'm not in this cal but i do enjoy reading it and drooling over all the pretty afghans. I saw purr's wanting to try to use squares to convert a 12 to 24 point afghan, so thought i'd try to help w/ a search.

Here's what I found:

madcrochetingfools has a pattern for it, http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

I'm not in this cal but i do enjoy reading it and drooling over all the pretty afghans. I saw purr's wanting to try to use squares to convert a 12 to 24 point afghan, so thought i'd try to help w/ a search.

Here's what I found:

madcrochetingfools has a pattern for it, http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47224

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

http://woodhilldesignpatternpage.blo...y-blanket.html

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

(for those wanting a smaller 5 point found this addy also: http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfe...tarafghan.html )

Hope 1 helps, :)

Sandy

I have finished my blended round ripple for my grandma for xmas.:yay

this is laying on my queen size bed and measures about 66 inches in diameter.

I wasnt sure at first but now I really like it and I wish i hadnt done it in the blues because this being my favorite color I wanna keep it for myself.

th_P1020814.jpg clickable

Thanks so much, Sandy - the conversion to the 24 point was easy to understand - though the last link came up "error" - for me, anyway.

Wendy, WTG!:yay:yay

Judy thanks. Are you going to try the 24 point using the squares. Im not sure how you go about putting them on there. Im about 4 rows away from trying it out on the zebra. So hopefully by the weekend I might be able to have a go at it.

Wendy,

Your rr is gorgeous!! I would want to keep it too.:lol I just love how the shades of color make the ghan come alive. That will make anybody really happy. I think AggieMay is right...rr's will take over the world:)

Wendy & Linda,

Great job on your RRs. They are both very beautiful. I've got to decide which colors I want to try.

Linda, I offically started vacation again yesterday. Look at your calendar and let me know when you can get together before Monday. If you're super busy, we can do it another time. I'll start working at the Cumming district store on Monday. It's the location on Castleberry Road. I don't know how far you are from there. I'm actually excited about it even though I was moved because of some back stabbing. So if you're to busy to get together this week, we can meet anytime since I'll be working in the area. Keep up the good work on the RRs.

Everybody's work is beautiful.

Have a great day!

Thanks everyone. As much as I would like to keep it I dont think I would get another one done in time for xmas. It sure looks good on the bed though, I think I will make myself one over the holidays and then I can swap it on the bed with my Casablanca ghan that I have on there.

I knew someone would ask that question, Judy, and I knew I'd forget. :lol I did. :lol Had to come downstairs and look at the labels. The colors are Magenta, Pretty n Pink, Baby Pink, and Soft White.

Question about these RRs. I started one a couple of weeks ago with two strands of RH- worsted weight and a wooden N hook. Followed the pattern correctly until about round 8 or 9. I was using the Sew on Fire pattern WITH the corrections. My question is this: My RR was starting to ruffle if you know what I mean.

I was using a skein of yarn that I found. Actully found this yarn (long story don't ask) and realized as I was working on the RR that the yarn smelled bad. Rather that frog it- I just tossed it in the trash because of the odor.

No I am thinking about starting again but am unsure of my choice of the N hook.

Would this work better with a J hook?

Anyone else ever get the ruffling effect?

Thanks in advance!

with 2 strands the N hook should have been fine. I'll let Linda chime in, since she has the most experience, but it sounds like too many stitches somewhere or you did too many large shells and disn't alternate them...

I'm curious as to what she'll suggest....

Thanks for that input Judy. I am going to read through and rewrite the pattern in my own words so I really understand it. Things around here get pretty hectic and the kids drive me nuts when I am trying to crochet. That's why I usually make things that don't require pattern reading. A shame really.

Question about these RRs. I started one a couple of weeks ago with two strands of RH- worsted weight and a wooden N hook. Followed the pattern correctly until about round 8 or 9. I was using the Sew on Fire pattern WITH the corrections. My question is this: My RR was starting to ruffle if you know what I mean.

I was using a skein of yarn that I found. Actully found this yarn (long story don't ask) and realized as I was working on the RR that the yarn smelled bad. Rather that frog it- I just tossed it in the trash because of the odor.

No I am thinking about starting again but am unsure of my choice of the N hook.

Would this work better with a J hook?

Anyone else ever get the ruffling effect?

Thanks in advance!

Did you do the shell on the corners as follows from row 7 I think it is.

1dc ch2 1dc row

2dc ch2 2dc next row

2dc ch2 2dc next row

and then back to

1dc ch2 1dc

Archived