Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Welcome Becky

Let me just give you fair warning - these CAL's are addicting . Once you sign up for one, in the blink of an eye, you are in about 7 more. I don't know how it happens, but it does, ask anybody . :lol

You may as well mosey on over and sign up for the Sky one. You'll end up there sooner or later . :D

They're not addicting :no

I can quit anytime I want :tired

Really I can :tired:whew

You'll see, right after this ghan :tired:whew:blink

Yes, right after I finish this ghan I'll give up CALs :faint

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
]They're not addicting :no

I can quit anytime I want :tired

Really I can :tired:whew

You'll see' date=' right after this ghan :tired:whew:blink

Yes, right after I finish this ghan I'll give up CALs :faint[/b']

What she said... huyep! :cowboy

I did finish the bunting bag that I posted earlier but the pic is posted as part of the Sky CAL. It should be useful for somebody someplace. :sigh

Moi??? not be as pure as the driven :snow Well maybe some of the snow got a bit yellow there.

I haven't started hardly anything new since I promised not to :wlol

:rofl

Wow!! I love those Amanda and Christi. Great job.

Well here is my rr I'm kind of stuck with where I want to go next with it :think since I'm trying to just use up extra yarn and sometimes I don't have enough to do all the rows I want to do of a color. This will probably end up being a cat bed :)

th_crochet118.jpg

And here is my Green ghan. I still have to weave in the ends.

th_crochet117.jpg

Next month I'm going to try a baby blanket. It's not cheating on the sky CAL since it's baby stuff for next months charity blitz :hook and charity blitz is my Thursday WIP :)

Welcome Becky we sure have a lot of fun here.

Amanda - How much yarn does that pattern take?

Heather, I have said it before but I just absolutely :manyheartloooooooooove :manyhearthow that green ghan looks. It does what the "luminosity" quilts used to do.

Heather

I have lost track of who all I answered when , but if I havent mentioned it yet, that green afghan is just BEEYOOTEEEFULLL ..

and Knic-thanks for the inside info. I thought they were up to no good .:no

Amanda This is Beautiful. Is that the Box stitch? I am working on a diagonal box stitch afghan but want to make a straight one too (later). I love the way your colors seem to blend so perfectly, one into the other. Now I am really!! anxious to start my Van Gogh project to see if my chosen colors will work.

:D

I don't know if it the box stitch or not i got it off of this link

http://members.aol.com/fourleafcl1064/page24.html

Thanks everyone, I've got a picture in my head that I just can't get to come clear for my next one. (for when I finish my sky CAL Julie. No bat :tryme :lurk please.)

I just got back from Michael's and did something I never did before...I want to make the Van Gogh Ripple for my nephew's graduation in 3 weeks and I am broke today so I collected a assorted bag of yarn from my stash that still has labels on it and exchanged it at Michael's for 8 skeins of Caron Simply Soft and only had to pay a difference of 2.50 for it. Quite satisfying and solved my problem...

I did not get the same colors as Amanda's blue ghan, I added a purple and a bright blue to the mix of dark country blue and light country blue and also a ball of varigated blue ribbon yarn....:manyheart

Thanks Crafty, I was going to make it for a baby or a project Linus or something but will have to see how it comes out with the color and yarn choices at hand. :)

Linda that looks real nice your really whipping it out.

Joanne - very good idea.

I think I'm in love with this blended color thing!!! It looks so great! Here's my baby ripple that I'm working on for a neighbor. After I finish the blue, Im going to add in yellow, then repeat the whole color pattern a few more times.

colorshadesbaby5.jpg

I just found this thread. I think I'd like to do this. I teach a crochet club and left quite a bit of yarn at school. However, I am not lacking a stash. It will not be easy with the summer coming on but with the big hook, it should take very long.

Now for the pattern....

Everybodies work is so beautiful. I'm not good with picking colors and I'm afarid I would make a mess of it. Someday I'd like to try this. Thanks everyone for sharing your creations and ideas.

Archived