Felted Tote

angieInCA

I wanted to share a pic of the tote I made for my partner in the "Lets Get Woolie" swap.

It is round bag with a vine felted to the body and felted flowers and leaves sewn on with seed pearl centers. The flowers and vie go completely around the bag.

It can be used as a purse but it thought it would make a great WIP tote.

100_0809.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0807.jpg

crop.jpg

it's just lovely. i agree, looks great for a work in progress tote :)

Angie, your felted tote is simply gorgeous! You should submit it for publication!

Mary Jane Hall (crochet designer)

Fabulous! Did you sew the vine & flowers on before felting it or did you felt them separately & then sew them on??? I've only felted 1 thing 1 time so I don't have a clue how'd you do this. Thanks!

The vine was just a single crochet chain that I stitched to the body of the bag before felting, so when I felted the bag the vine felted right into the body. The flowers and leaves I did seperately and then sewed on after felting so that I made sure I got the total 3-D sculptural effect.

As for a WIP. It is a little on the large side for a purse (Unless you like big bags) so I thought it was a good tote for carrying WIP's in :)

Angie, your felted tote is simply gorgeous! You should submit it for publication!

Mary Jane Hall (crochet designer)

I thought about it, I really just winged this one and I used 3 different manufacturers of wool. I think I will make another one using one brand of wool and write the pattern as I go, then just see what happens :D

Archived