amigurumi doll ***now updated with dress****

kkms

hot off the hook here is the dress for the doll that i made! i must say i am pretty happy with the outcome! now if only i could learn to sew the pieces together better!!!!!!!

this too was made for my daughter mia, i told a couple of people that i would post pictures of my doll this weekend. i was hoping to have the dress and shoes to go with her but when i made the dress it was way to small so i am posting the doll without the dress and will post with the dress when i get it done!

i found the pattern here. it was nice to work on a quick project although it did take me a bit longer cuz i made my stiches oh so very tight! i also added some ears and a nose.

ok here she is, my older daugter named her lucy...pictures are clickable

th_100_0689.jpgth_100_0708.jpg

th_100_0709.jpg

th_100_0687.jpg

th_100_0672.jpg

so what do you think? i used caron simply soft brights and 1 whole skein of simply soft chocolate for the hair. that in itself was a chore. but i will be making another one as soon as i finish the first dress.

thanks for looking

kris

Adorable!

I especially like her because she could be customized to be a "look-alike" for any little girl - short hair, different color hair, different color skin, eyes to match. Even her clothes could be made from yarn left on a skein from something made for the little girl.

One of my favorite dolls growing up had a homemade party dress which matched my homemade party dress. i always think of her with a smile.

~ Joy

fantastic job, she looks great :D

the hair is a real chore, isn't it, sorry! :hook

yup the hair is a real chore but well worth it! i am on my second doll now and a couple of other people have hinted that "they really like her" the pattern is great, it just took me some time to get used to the chart thing.

Archived