A few felted bags (img. heavy)

angieInCA

Here are a few of the felted bags I have completed over the last few months but I just had not taken the time to post.

The Well Traveled Bag (this was actually my first felting attempt)

101_0859.jpg

Here is what I call my Bobble Bag. I designed this one and yes those are popcorn stitches and the felted up beautifully. I use this one as a WIP bag. It is very large at 12" deep and 12" diameter.

I have written the pattern and am willing to post if anyone is interested

101_0855.jpg

Here is another one I designed, well I didn't follow a pattern, I just made it up as I went along. I was actually a gift for a friend of my DD. She picked out the colors and pattern.

Front

101_0820.jpg

Side

101_0819.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I LOVE that last one. I've been looking for something justl ike it. Do you have a pattern for it? And dimensions?

It turned out 11" tall and 10" wide after felting. I didn't measure it before I felted it. I haven't written the pattern yet but I did take notes so I will put that one together too. When I have it typed up I will post it.

I usually just measure as I go along and and figure it will shrink by 1/3. So I do a lot of eyeball measuring :D

One thing to remember when felting, when it is wet you can do alot of streatching while blocking to dry.

I love the first one......looks so professional. Do you have the pattern to it?

I would love to make it. Great Job.......:cheer

Lovely! You must have jumped into the machine with the bags to make sure you grabbed them out at JUST the right moment. LOL Wonderful work, thanks for sharing!

No, these are not the only bags I've made and yes I do things other than stripes :D These just happen to be the ones I already had uploaded to photobucket.

The 1st one is the "Well Traveled Bag" by Dawn Pietzsch. her is the link to the pattern.

http://wildyarn.blogspot.com/2005/10/well-traveled-bag.html

Yes this is my favoite too. I have been carrying this one almost daily since Sept. when I made it.

The handle is leather lacing I bought at Michaels (in the leather tooling section). it is 6 strands (for each side) cut to 5' lengths then braided together, laced through the grommets then tied in knots at the side. Dawn's handles look like they are only 3 strands. I tried this and felt they were a little thin for me.

I'm still typng up the other patterns and will post when proofread.

• 3 months later...

Archived