crochet-along for a butterfly bag

Last summer, I designed a butterfly shawl for Knit.1 magazine, and we had a fun crochet-along for the shawl.

:ladybug

One of the frustrations that people had was that it was really hard to find the magazine and get the pattern.:dragonfly

I am ABSOLUTELY in love with butterflies (I will be posting a knitted butterfly bag to my blog in the next day or so), and I have been designing some fun new crocheted butterfly pieces. It just struck me that it could be a lot of fun to start a crochet-along, and have the pattern at my blog, so people could get the pattern from my blog without wrestling with finding magazines that are no longer available....

Is anyone interested?:waving

Let me know! and, I'll get flying on it!

:manyheart:bee

:hug Noreen www.hankeringforyarn.com www.crone-findlay.com

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends on how long it will be going on. I can't take on any more new projects until around the end of May/ beginning of June. If it will still be going on then... I'd love to join in.

Please count me in on this. I've not done a CAL yet. My mother has been gone for 11 years and butterflies were her passion. I want to do in memory of her.:clap :clap :clap :clap

Noreen, that's so kind and giving of you to make the pattern available to us this way. Sounds like fun, too! Thank You!

I've never made a bag and I love butterflies. I'll be around watching to see what materials are needed and what it'll look like. Will you need a sewing machine? Tuesday Morning starts a sale on May 1 that includes a Singer sewing machine and I think I'm getting it on May 1 for Mother's Day! :cheer:clap

I was lucky enough to be able to order a back issue of the magazine to get the shawl pattern but haven't made it yet...one of my many zillions of WIMs!

:manyheart:hug

Archived