My HUGE Tote

auntbubbels

I was following a pattern and all was going well. I decided to use a larger hook but I did have, at one point, the right amount of stitches. Then the tote took on a life of it's own. I am going to have the handles sewed on with a machine because they really need to be secure

pic is clickable

th_myhugetote.jpg

Well, just don't load it up with canned goods, and you'll be fine, lol!

At least it's still symmetrical, right? The color is awesome, too, btw. What yarn did you use?

Janet....I love this bag!!! I can just see it now loaded up with books:book , no, make that yarn:yarn , no again, make that towels for the beach:sun ...all kinds of goodies!!!:manyheart

the size thing must be in the air.....i was making a tote, i got the pattern from crochet central....and i had made one before and thought it could be a bit bigger, so................I added some stitches! it is going to be huge!

Yours is great....nice and springy too!

Let's see: Beach towel, sunblock, sunglasses, sunhat, water bottle, S&BHH book, Crochet! magazine, hook, yarn, etc. etc. etc.:lol I like the color of the yarn you used:clap

I have a question about these bags.

When I have made a market or beach size bag..... and then put things in it like groceries or books it stretches and drags on the floor. Yes some stretching is good but mine stretch so much they are hard to use. (Great for beach towels, yaga mats, sweaters...... but not for heavier items)

Lining them doesn't seem to make sense....

Any ideas.

are some stitches better than others?

what yarns/ cording are preferred?

FINALLY! A tote that really is big enough to hold the kitchen sink!! (Sorry--couldn't resist that! :lol ) It has so many elements that I just love. The color, the style, and of course...the size!! Great work.

Archived