Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I started working on one last weekend. I guess I joined this CAL without even knowing it! :think

Everyone's here looks great. :clap I'll post pics of mine as soon as I finish.

I agree the round ripple are addicting.I started mine last thur cant seem to put it down. Iam using stash yarn not sure on the colors. I mix the colors as I go. I took starting pictures ,there on my site http://360.yahoo.com/kathy510849 Love the brown and white ripple. :cheer

Wips

snowflake afghan

rose bedspread

Happy Crocheting:pig

Wow!! Your all just doing wonderful, I'm very happy to here from all of you as you progress along. Crochetluvknot, Your is just great. It looks very nice as a wall hanging too :-) AS for me i'm on Rd 32 now I had to frog a couple rows and redo but i'm back on track now. I have not worked on it much today cause I had to clean house. ( Darn) lol but this evening I will be back at it. With any hope I will have it done later this evening. I will have a picture of it later today. Have a wonderful afternoon and I will sign in later. I'm having so much fun. And it's so nice to meet all of you and share in something weall love so much. Thanks for your posts.

Dawn,

That is really beautiful. What colors and pattern are you using?

Everyone else round ripples looks wonderful also!

Thank You I am using a pattern from Leisure Arts book new crochet basics the picture is on the cover pretty easy pattern

the yarn I am using is TLC essentials in Lt Country Rose and one of my fav's Water Lily.

I'm on row 19 of mine. Everybodies looks great I'll get a picture up of mine later today or tomorrow. I want to do one with bright colors I just realized yesterday that everything I'm working on right now is black! I don't know how that happened but it sure wears my eyes out lol :)

Thank You I am using a pattern from Leisure Arts book new crochet basics the picture is on the cover pretty easy pattern

the yarn I am using is TLC essentials in Lt Country Rose and one of my fav's Water Lily.

Ahh wonderful, someone else thats using the same pattern as I. Now I can see if I am doing it right, lol

I am using the lyn's round ripple afghan pattern. can't get it to lay flat. HELP Please

Make sure you are using the right size hook for the type of yarn you are using. I am using this pattern for one of my rounders, and using a size G hook made it wavy. I used a size I hook with RHSS and it was much better.

Check the yarn wrapper for the recommended size hook.

Well, it looks like lots of great things were happening today! I got a TON done on my plane rides and layovers. I'd post a pic, but my laptop doesn't like my camera. :(:sigh

I'm 17 rows and 19 inches in. I figure I'm 1/3 to 1/2 way done? I've got 3 skeins of yarn (2 white, 1 pink and purple) that I'm going to go until I'm done with them. So far it's very pretty. I figure I spent between 3 and 5 hours working on it. (2 1+ hour flights and 2 1-ish hour layovers) If I do a little during the next few days, I'll probably finish it on the flight home Thursday. I'm very happy with how quick and easy this is working up once you get the pattern down. I'm using Lyn's pattern and I haven't run into any problems that weren't self-induced (must remember if on a small or large shell row...)

Whenever I have a color change I always join and work over my ends. This seems to be going well with this project. Mind you, I've only just started my 5th stripe.

Everyone's that I've seen looks great! I can't wait to see more finished ones.

Ok, I think I've rambled on and talked about everything I wanted to. Probably won't be able to post again until tomorrow evening. :sigh

Hi Everyone,

Well I have a new picture of my progress as of today. I didn't get much done sice I have been doing house work. Thought I'd better get that done first then I can crochet to my hearts content in the evening since my hubby works at nite :D

Your all doing a wonderful job and it's exciteing to come in and see the pictures you post. Helps people like me that needs ideas on colors to put together since i'm not to good at that part.:manyheart So here is my picture and I will be back in later after I put a few more rounds on mine. I want to get it done cause i got new yarn to do another one and I think it will be really pretty. Takecare:hug

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/SouthernJudy/tmpphphJrL2J.jpg

Okay, here is my progress. The first pic is of my 2nd RR in progress. This is being made with JoAnn's Sensations yarn in a darker reddish/pinkish color. Using an "I" hook and double strand. It is coming out light and airy. Both RR's are being made using the Sew On Fire pattern (I think that is what it is called). This is supposed to be for my mom, but I think I will give it to her, but let her know I am making more and she could choose the one she wants. She likes reds and I am afraid this might be a little to pinkish for her.

p><p>The second pic is my third RR in progress.  I am using RR Super Saver and an "H" hook.  I had all the yarn left over from a scarf I had made.  The colors next to the ghan are supposed to be yellow, orange and red which are the next colors after the green - they didn

<a href=th_P4100005.jpg' alt='th_P4100005.jpg'> Clickable

Will be going on a short vac from Thursday-Saturday, and am thinking of taking this one along, although, I would probably be better off taking something else smaller. Will see.

Happy Crocheting everyone and keep those pics of your RR's coming - I love seeing all the color combinations.

Hi Everyone,

Well I have a new picture of my progress as of today. I didn't get much done sice I have been doing house work. Thought I'd better get that done first then I can crochet to my hearts content in the evening since my hubby works at nite :D

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/SouthernJudy/tmpphphJrL2J.jpg

Oh I love the cream and black, never thought to put those 2 together. Great job!

To help keep track of which round I am on, I put a stitch marker on the small shell round, then I know the next two are larger shell. Then another stitch marker on the small shell round and keep going. I can then easily go back and count my sets of three rounds. This really helps when making one that is all one color or a varigated color. On the one I am making with solid sections of color, I am not having a problem figuring out which round is next.

I'm about half way done with round 8 now. I made a slight color change. My daughter saw some of the photos here of the round ripples with varigated yarn and asked if I could use some in it. She picked out the Caron SS in "baby bright ombre". At first I wasn't sure if I like the pastels but they stand out nicely against the "dark country blue" that I used for the first 6 rounds. I'm going to use the baby bright for the small shell stitch rounds and then I'll use the different shades of country blue in between for the large shell stitches. I wanted to include a photo of it tonight but after reading the thread about how to do that I had a headache.:headache:think That is something my husband is good at so I'm going to ask him to help me tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a photo up by tomorrow night.

I think the idea of using a stitch marker to mark the small shell round is great! I would have never thought of that, but I'm going to do it now. Thanks.

Hi Ladies,

Well I'm almost done. I'm on Round 35 and I used a size H hook and it measures 56 inches from point to point. I have four more rounds to go and i'm going to call it done. It's getting heavy but a very nice size. I just seen a picture of one of the Spiderman RR and guess what my grandsons are getting for Xmas :) I have Six Grandsons but the two older ones i'm going to make one for them in their school colors. I think they will really enjoy them, They all live in cold Iowa.

My husband and I just retired two years ago In Arkansas and we love the weather here.I will be checking in tomorrow and hope to have a picture of mine finished Yeaaaaaa!!!!!! :clap