Hello from Japan

saucylouise

Hello everyone. I'm emailing from Japan. :) I just love to crochet.

My Blog

I have just recently heard about this site and really would love to receive input from other crafters like me. :)

I teach Crocheting and Quilting here on Base, I'm a military Wife and have 2 kids. :) Love to teach, I teach kids too and they are just wonderful students, I love to pass on our knowledge! It's so important to make sure this isn't forgotten and what better time to learn then when your a child. :)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me...saucylouise AT gmail DOT com or post on my blogger. :)

Thanks! Lou

Konnichiwa and :welcome from Nebraska! We were stationed in Misawa for 8 years and loved it! I hope you guys are enjoying your time in Japan as much as we did. You will love this board, there is a lot of support and great ideas for new projects!:hook

:welcome I just love anything with an asian influence. I've been looking for crochet patterns and cross-stitch patterns to make for my mom who was born in Okinawa Japan. She has dolls from there and I loved them so much it inspired me (at a very young age). I love the detail and so does my wonderful fiance'. If you can steer me in the right direction, :ty !!!

Precious, do you know what kind of dolls? Animals? Or doll Dolls. My store has a whole list of books on the subject of Amigurumi. One book that's really exciting is my Crochet Deserts. That one is just amazing, love the details and the patterns themselves are delicious...haha!

here is the link to that book, otherwise, browse my store, you might be suprised the treasures I've found here. :)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5557786

Hello from Atlanta, Georgia!

My niece lives in Japan - she has lived there for almost 3 years now - she just loves it there. She was living in Yoshioka-Machi (Gunma) but now she is in Sayama-Shi, Saitama-Ken (just outside of Tokyo). She sends me several boxes of Pocky from time-to-time (cause she knows I love it)

So glad that you are here.

Welcome from Indianapolis, Indiana Japan is one of the places I would love to visit one day. I just got into sushi and other Japanese foods and I would love to know more about the Japanese culture. Can you let me know what is Pocky? Sounds like it might be good.

Welcome, Lou, from Massachusetts. You sure are lucky to live in Japan. You must be able to get Pocky in flavors unimagined over here. I get it for my oldest daughter in an asian market in my town, mostly chocolate, but I see vanilla and strawberry too. I would love to live in Japan! Do you need an extra 44 year old kid to come live with you?

Glad you could join us, and I'll have a look at your etsy store. There's been some buzz around here about Japanese crochet books, so I'd like to check it out.

Archived