A Little Eye Candy

Only? Only?! ONLY?!?!?!

Well geez... I must have that much in change somewhere around here... lemme check my pockets....

I'll get back to you as soon as I re-visit reality again. :wink

How very pretty. Given the reaction to the price, I think everyone can now understand why people who don't make craft items might bulk at paying what something is actually "worth". The cost of this piece is high,but if you were to consider the amount of hours put into it, it probably comes out to right around minimum wage, and that doesn't include the cost of the fiber. That's why most people who knit, crochet,sew or make and sell hand crafted items don't really charge for what their time is "really" worth, if they did, no one would ever buy.

Oh, I would totally pay that much for that if I could afford it! It's totally worth that much.

But there are three types of people in this world: those that value handmade goods and can pay for them, those that value handmade goods and can make them, and those that do not value handmade goods at all.

When I was into the Goth scene (BeforeKid, lol), I'd see people that couldn't scrape together food money somehow find the moolah to pay for gorgeous handmade items, b/c they knew that the handmade items were worth it.

I'd do the same, back then. I once spent $200 at a RenFest on a cute little outfit I wore ONCE. But the whole thing was hand stitched, so it was worth it to me.

I still have it, and it's still gorgeous, and maybe one day I'll wear it again. I could probably wear the vest out in public...hmm....

But yeah, I look at that coat and think, instead of "Could I afford that", "Could I make that", lol!

It is gorgeous and - as has been said - probably well-worth the money. I can't afford to pay that though. But would love to learn to create Irish Lace (if I had more time........I know, I know - sigh)

Not enough time for all the things we want to make, not enough money for all the yarn we want to buy... :hook:yarn:hook

Only? Only?! ONLY?!?!?!

Well geez... I must have that much in change somewhere around here... lemme check my pockets....

I'll get back to you as soon as I re-visit reality again. :wink

:roflMy thoughts exactly! :rofl

Mine too!

:lol + :rofl + :laughroll = :out

It may pay for it's self in the time that it took, but I could never pay for something like that. I would rather visit Ireland and take the time to make it myself (although I don't think I could) in Ireland!

It is a piece of rare art, hence the price tag doesnt seem extreme from this perspective. It would be glorious to wear on a wedding day, and then just look at.

Give the hours of work, it is probably under priced!

I agree that the cost is probably justified by the effort and cost of supplies but i still wouldnt pay that much for it. It's nice but not enough for me to pay that much for it, especially bc i know what kind of work went into it and would only be able to wear it a select few times

Archived