New Crochet! is out

**Ann**

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm a bit disappointed again this month....not much that "wows" me. I do like the cover sweater but I just know it's too advanced for me.

Hope others find something that suits them :hook

I got mine today in the mail and totally agree with you about nothing being exciting in it except for Drew's (thecrochetdude...a Crochetville member) Peekaboo Plunge dress on page 40. I absolutely love it as does my DD who insists I make her one. Great job, Drew!!!

My issue came in the mail yesterday. I agree with what others have said. There is not too much that I am ga ga over.

The two things I like are the sweater on the cover and the diaper bag. My sister is currently trying to get pregnant, and when she is successful, I know she will absolutely love the bright colors of that bag. It will make a nice shower gift. I do wonder about the practicality of a crochet changing pad, however...

I got mine today in the mail and totally agree with you about nothing being exciting in it except for Drew's (thecrochetdude...a Crochetville member) Peekaboo Plunge dress on page 40. I absolutely love it as does my DD who insists I make her one. Great job, Drew!!!

:fame Thanks Cheryl! :hug

:bounce

... I do like the cover sweater but I just know it's too advanced for me.

Instead of "just knowing it's too advanced" just try it. The only way to ever advance is to try..All crochet stitches start exactly the same way. They are just a combinations of loops pulled through other loops started off with a chain. You should never be intimidated by a pattern. The cover sweater is open work. There is very little that is complicated in an openwork design. It's not like trying an Aran (fisherman) design, with cables and popcorns and diamonds and lions and tigers and bears oh,my :lol If you like it, just grab any old yarn and try out the pattern, rip it out and try again. you will be able to master it, then you can use a color you would wear and make the sweater. I personally like a bunch of the designs. I think the diaper bag, with the colors changed, will make a great tote bag. I taught myself to crochet akazillion years ago, there was no internet, and I had no one ask for help, but I never let the fact that I hadn't been crocheting for long ever keep me from trying a design I liked. some of them took a few tries to get right, but I always did. So just go for it.

You should never be intimidated by a pattern. The cover sweater is open work. ... I taught myself to crochet akazillion years ago, there was no internet, and I had no one ask for help, but I never let the fact that I hadn't been crocheting for long ever keep me from trying a design I liked. some of them took a few tries to get right, but I always did. So just go for it.

I have to totally agree with that. Once I was beyond a few of the basic stitches and understood enough of how crochet worked, I quit letting skill levels bother me. Instead, if I wanted to make something, I did--or at least tried. And that's how I learned the bulk of what I know now.

You're missing out on all that crochet has to offer if you let the skill levels get to you. You won't ever know if you don't ever try. :hook

Instead of "just knowing it's too advanced" just try it. The only way to ever advance is to try..All crochet stitches start exactly the same way. They are just a combinations of loops pulled through other loops started off with a chain. You should never be intimidated by a pattern. The cover sweater is open work. There is very little that is complicated in an openwork design. It's not like trying an Aran (fisherman) design, with cables and popcorns and diamonds and lions and tigers and bears oh,my :lol If you like it, just grab any old yarn and try out the pattern, rip it out and try again. you will be able to master it, then you can use a color you would wear and make the sweater. I personally like a bunch of the designs. I think the diaper bag, with the colors changed, will make a great tote bag. I taught myself to crochet akazillion years ago, there was no internet, and I had no one ask for help, but I never let the fact that I hadn't been crocheting for long ever keep me from trying a design I liked. some of them took a few tries to get right, but I always did. So just go for it.

Thanks, I needed to read this!!:manyheart

I haven't seen the new issue yet. I don't subscribe to Crochet Today - I thought about it. I usually thumb through a copy and if I see something I like I'll buy it. One of my crochet buddy's emailed me today and said she bought a copy and bought one for me from AC Moore. So I'll get it from her this week.

~cadie :hook

I love this issue :lol The cardigan on the front cover is gorgeous & Drews pattern is I also like the yellow shrug :hook Alot of times I just leave it on the shelf but this one is a keeper.

I haven't seen the new issue yet. I don't subscribe to Crochet Today - I thought about it. I usually thumb through a copy and if I see something I like I'll buy it. One of my crochet buddy's emailed me today and said she bought a copy and bought one for me from AC Moore. So I'll get it from her this week.

~cadie :hook

It's not Crochet Today it's just Crochet ;)

I just got this today in the mail. First off the sweather on the cover is jus gorgeous. The style and color are beautiful.

Then when you look further into the mag, you come across Drew's dress, which is just undiscribable. Now if I could get Drew to crochet me a body to fit into it I would have it made in the shade :rofl

I found a few things that I like and no you should never let the levels shy you away from the pattern. Hey if you didn't try, you will never know, and never get better.:hook

I just picked up a copy of this issue, May 2007. Wow, this is the first issue where I loved most of the items! I have to make that one on the cover! It can be made larger by using a larger hook. Just look at the directions. It would be easy to enlarge. Just make the motifs larger. Actually there are a few designs that can be made a little larger. I personally was a 2X and am now XL. But sometimes the chest measurements can be different. It really helps to look at the finished size range.

One of the main things I like about Crochet! mag is the diagram for the finished measurements.

I love the Petals and Plaid little girl set! Perfect for my grandaughters. I've been wanting to try a cotton yarn and the Simple Spring top would be perfect! It's a cap sleeve like the muffin top. But has a wavy pattern with two colors, awesome!

I'd like to do a CAL with the Coral Charisma top. Not sure about the yarn though. Might like to make this with cotton yarn. Any suggestions?

Let me know if anyone would like to do a CAL with this jacket.

Lynda:clap

Then when you look further into the mag, you come across Drew's dress, which is just undiscribable. Now if I could get Drew to crochet me a body to fit into it I would have it made in the shade :rofl

Um, I'll see what I can do.... :wink

Did anyone notice that my sexy little number is immediately followed by two maternity outfits? Coincidence? :rofl

:bounce

I picked it up at JoAnn's yesterday, leafed through really fast at work last night, I Love the mens Ties, as 16 y/o son wears ties to work and is always looking for a funky colored one!, you HAVE to LOVE Drew's Peekabooooooo number!! HOWEVER Drew, I can see why that is only in size small and large...lol...me don't think I could wear that on my FOOT, however, in MY DAY, I would have LOVED that!! And I LOVE the diaper bag, will travel! That will make a GREAT camping bag if you think about it! The little changing blanket can be used as a picnic blanket...oh yea, I will have to make that.....yeppers, it was worth the money to me...

JoAnn

I don't take that OR any other magazine at the moment, on crochet. I

AGREE.... there's got to be a better magazine out there. I think CROCHETVILLE ought to come up with a monthly magazine that shows

off the work of it's members, for free, for sale, best of show, etc!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!!!!!!

I bought the May issue of Crochet! in a grocery store (I got the only copy left!) and I was thrilled with the patterns. I'm planning to make the cover jacket for my niece. I'll probably end up subscribing to this magazine, as well as Crochet Today.

:cheer

Beverly,

Good luck in finding the yarn for the cover sweater! I have been trying. I need to buy in on line since there isn't any stores near me. I've not found anyone who carries the Bellagio yarn from Universal yarns.

Please let me know if you find it! Otherwise I might use Microspun to make it.

Lynda

I don't take that OR any other magazine at the moment, on crochet. I

AGREE.... there's got to be a better magazine out there. I think CROCHETVILLE ought to come up with a monthly magazine that shows

off the work of it's members, for free, for sale, best of show, etc!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!!!!!!

I just LOVED this issue of Crochet! and I also picked up a recent copy of Crochet Today at the market and it had some *I thought* gorgeous patterns too!

Peggytoes, you might like Interweave Crochet Magazine as it has consistently beautiful patterns. I think it only comes out a quarterly, if that.

happy hooking:hook

Archived