Christmas CAL... anyone interested???

Mommy2Max

I don't have a lot of extra free time to crochet, but I decided that I want to make afghans for some family members for Xmas gifts this year.... seven total!!!! I have already started the first two, but I realized that it's going to take me the rest of the year to get all seven of these done. Also, I'm a HUGE procrastinator, so if I don't get busy now, they'll never be finished in time.

It'll be easier to stay focused and make some serious progress if I'm accountable to somebody.... I can't be the only one who's already planning for Xmas 2007!!!

Anyone interested in starting a CAL for 2007 Christmas gifts? :hook

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOO I'm in this sounds like good motivation to me!

I haven't picked out everything i'm making for christmas yet... but I have started a Stain Glass Window afghan that is probably for my Grandma for Christmas, and my sister is due in october, so thats one baby to make a bunch of things for too! So I'll be around for a while, can't wait to see what you and everyone else is doing!

Hi, is this a CAL for afghans only or anything crocheted for Christmas?.................................Lise

It's for whatever you want to make for Xmas, not just afghans!

I'm in...I'm up to 9 afghans, 5 hat/scarf combos, a santa suit for my Grandson, and ornaments for everyone...alot to get done. Plus I would love to make new stockings for everyone on the list. Just going day by day and hoping I can get it all done in time :lol .

Have seen a pattern for Bender that my sister wants making, she also wants a scarf (in loop stitch, which I might knit) and a pair of gaunlets.

No doubt others will want things making, but they will have to wait for them or have them as gifts.

I'm in! I have decided to make afghans for Christmas presents this year. I have to figure out how many, though :think. I have at least 6 to make, plus I will be making scarves and whatever else I come up with.

:eek Wow, I have a lot of crocheting to do. That is not counting what I am working on now and need to get done soon. I'm going to be a busy lady crocheting all year!

I want to make some Christmas items for friends at the school where I used to work. I hope to make eveyone a dishcloth, potholder, and towel topper. I just order the Peaches and Cream Christmas ombre last week. I made a list and there are 13 people to make for! It will definitely take me all summer to finish all of these. Perhaps this CAL would be a good incentive to keep me motivated.

Yeah - count me in too. I have the 2 8 point round ripple stars started. I have another 2 that need to be done. At least I'm not completely anal - These are all for my in-laws 2 bro's, 2 sis's and parents. I made a beautiful one for his parents for their bedroom - now it's time to make one for the living room and then they'll be done YAY!

The way I look at it - the parents get the really pretty, hard, fancy one and the sibs get the pretty & easy ones. Do you think I'm just being lazy or that it's a respect thing? (I really would like honest opinions or I wouldn't have asked.)

I did thread crosses for all of them last yr. They were all pretty but Mom got the gorgeous one. The one bro's wife was a little jealous I think but - oh well - family's family.

This CAL is perfect for me. I was hoping somebody would do one for christmas

I'm planning on making a lapghan for everybody in my family, I guess that

would be six lapghans in all.Would somebody know the measurements to

one. Thanks. :yay:devil

The way I look at it - the parents get the really pretty, hard, fancy one and the sibs get the pretty & easy ones. Do you think I'm just being lazy or that it's a respect thing? (I really would like honest opinions or I wouldn't have asked.)

I did thread crosses for all of them last yr. They were all pretty but Mom got the gorgeous one. The one bro's wife was a little jealous I think but - oh well - family's family.

I always make the best stuff for my parents too. Sometimes I feel a little guilty, but I figure blood is thicker than water, right? It doesn't have anything to do with respect. I wouldn't think twice about making a nicer version of something for my mom than for my brother's wife. After all, it's your MOM. If she's anything like mine, she deserves the best!

Besides, it's YOUR talent, time, yarn, hook, and desire to give someone a beautiful handmade gift. Make WHAT you want for WHO you want, IMHO!

Yeah - count me in too. I have the 2 8 point round ripple stars started. I have another 2 that need to be done. At least I'm not completely anal - These are all for my in-laws 2 bro's, 2 sis's and parents. I made a beautiful one for his parents for their bedroom - now it's time to make one for the living room and then they'll be done YAY!

I completely agree, Make what you want for who you want! Also moms always deserve the best!!

I'm REALLY glad that people are interested in this CAL. Feel free to join at any time! For those who haven't done so already, let's list what we're working on and try to give frequent updates on our progress so we can cheer each other on up until Christmas!

Each person has her own way of working under a deadline, but for me, I like to set a timeline of goals for myself to meet. Feel free to post your hints for staying on task and working toward a deadline so that we can all get our projects done in time!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone as we work on this CAL together!!!

Firsttwopanels.jpg

This is the one i'm working on currently! its 79'' long before the boarder, and each panel is about 12'' across. I think its going to be a total of 5 panels, i'll see how it looks at that point.

other projects that I think will be needed for next christmas are a blanket for my sister's baby (due in october) a blanket for my little brother, a scarf for my sister, a sweater set for the new baby.... i'm sure there will be more!

I'll post pictures as I go.

Wow! This one's for me! I was just making a list last Friday of what I wanted to make for different people for Christmas this year. As I made the list, I thought people will think I'm crazy for starting on this in March. But, I guess I'm not! Thanks for starting this CAL!:hug

I think i will join this one....I want to make same lapghans and afghans for xmas gift for my family and with 7 of my own grandkids and my DS's girlfriends 5 :yes Guess this will be good for me...

I already know the children are getting the round ripples but for the adults not sure...

Karen

Stargazingirly- Your afghan looks great! You're off to a good start... looks like it'll be huge! Can't wait to see you progress....

To all others, welcome aboard!!!

Honestly, I think it is a respect thing. Truly and really I do.

I'd like to join this cal too. I just get so confused about Christmas. I LOVE making things for people. But then my kids make fun of me (minor children..not adult) saying that others won't like it..it's a dumb gift, get them something real.

I'd love to get ideas here! And help each other move along.

I need another reason to be on this computer like I need a hole in my head... but I'm also a horrible procrastinator... March is probably not too early. I'll work on a list, and post back to let everyone know how psychotic I truly am... LOL!!

Archived