Crocheted Sandals

Starr

Hi everyone! Long time, no post! I have been quite busy lately, but I wanted to share my latest FO.

I started off making the Seaside Espadrilles from last springs Interweave crochet and by the 3rd pair, I did my own thing.

The first 2 are from the magazine, on the kids size, I added the ties to it because the style of the upper in the pattern didn't call for ties:

redsandle.jpg

kidssandle.jpg

and this one is my version:

blacksandle.jpg

My youngest son is modeling the kids sandal, because it was too small for my daughter :lol

The soles are crocheted in Jute Twine with a 10mm hook, I had to use 2 strands of the Jute to get the correct gauge.

The upper for the red one is in Ella Rae Shibu, 90% raw silk 10% viscose, with a 4.00mm hook.

The upper and ties for the kids one is in Ella Rae Kasbah, 59% cotton 41% acrylic, with a 4.00mm hook.

The upper, heel and tie is done in size 3 crochet cotton, but I can't remember which brand, with a 3.50mm hook.

Starr you did a fablous job!!!!!!!!! And may I say that the black ones are my favorite totally awesome. I think yours are better looking than the ones in the magazine. And you have georgous feet also. I would never have the nerve to show my foot on here!!!!:no :no

Suzan

Thank you everyone! :D They were alot of fun to make! My mom wants a pair now too LOL

Starr you did a fablous job!!!!!!!!! And may I say that the black ones are my favorite totally awesome. I think yours are better looking than the ones in the magazine. And you have georgous feet also. I would never have the nerve to show my foot on here!!!!:no :no

Suzan

Thank you Sue! :hug

I was actually kind of dreading posting those pictures, but it didn't work out just taking a picture of just the sandals alone, they didn't look right, and I didn't have anyone else who could (or would :P ) model them for me LOL

I love these sandals! You have me wondering if this magazine is still available, as I may need some for myself :D hmmm...

If I found the pattern to these sandals free online, can I post the link?? I searched to see if I could a back issue of this magazine and stumbled on the pattern.

Thank you everyone!!! I think that they are comfortable to wear :D

If I found the pattern to these sandals free online, can I post the link?? I searched to see if I could a back issue of this magazine and stumbled on the pattern.

If it is the pattern that I think it is, on the Interweave site, it's only a partial pattern. There were 3 different styles of uppers, but only 2 of the upper patterns were published in the magazine, the 3rd was put on the Interweave Crochet site. The Jute sole pattern can only be found in the magazine also.

That would be cool if the entire pattern was free.

I'm sure we could wing it though.Wish it were the entire pattern. It is the one on the Interweave site. I might try to maake them anyway. If they're not comfy I can always where them around the house or make a cushion to go on the sole. You think?

I love those sandals so much. I wonder where mine are? Maybe I'll make some more for the summer!! Yours are the best, though!

Archived