granny heart embelishment?

Addey

I got a new wood hook off ebay from Laughing Horse Farms. It is a nice woodend G. Well, I had to play with it. I am sending off a care package to my Gram today. I made this cute little heart with some leftover Caron SS. If it was in cotton it would make a cute coaster or scrubbie. (I like cotton for things that get wet.)

416356832_a134d9c063_m.jpg

I'm not sure what she'll use it for, but it's cute. Maybe she'll tie it onto the basket of her walker-mobile. I know she'll like it though. :)

That is very pretty. I dont understand cotton yarn as we dont get it here, but it does seem to give a lovely definition to your stitches.

Did you make that pattern up Addey? It's really quite cute! I sure would like to make a set of coasters with that pattern! I have some pink cotton yarn that would do just lovely!

If you didn't make up the pattern, could you share the link if there is one?

Oooh! I love that! :manyheart

Did you make that up or is there a pattern out there somewhere you could share with us?

We need details! :lol

I think your Grammie will love it.

Love the heart. Love to make and collect hearts.

Will you share the pattern? please:yes

Did you make that pattern up Addey? It's really quite cute! I sure would like to make a set of coasters with that pattern! I have some pink cotton yarn that would do just lovely!

If you didn't make up the pattern, could you share the link if there is one?

I made it up mostly. I started with a standard granny and then made the 'lobes'. I got the idea from a bookmark pattern, but wanted a granny in the middle.

Ok, here goes the 'official' directions:

G hook, ww yarn.

ch 3, join into a circle

round 1:Ch 2, 3 DC, ch 2, (3dc, ch 2) 3 times, join with sl st to ch2. ch 2 and turn

round 2: (2dc, ch2, 3dc in ch2 corner) ch 1, *(3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch1) in remaining 3 corners, join with sl st. ch 4, turn.

Round 3: 11 tr in ch 1 sp, sl st into ch2 corner, sl st in next 2 st and ch1 sp, ch 4, 11 tr in ch 1 sp (both 'lobes' made), sl into ch 2 corner,ch 1, sc around, 2 sc in point, continuing around both lobes, sl in the middle of the two tr clusters to create dip between lobes, join with sl in 1st sc

round 4: rsc in each sc around, join and fasten off.

I hope this makes sense, round 3 is almost round 3.5 because you go around 1.5 times. I found i needed the row of rsc to keep the lobes of the heart flat. I also needed to do tr for the lobes so they'd be long enough to reach from the middle to the corner. If you have any questions or problems, let me know. I'd love to see your results. :)

Thank you all for your compliments!! I was out all day yesterday or would have posted sooner. I just threw it together in the morning because I woke up early and had time before my ride showed up. I'm sure there are a lot of great uses for this little heart out there. Enjoy (and share pics!) :):yes

I made it up mostly. I started with a standard granny and then made the 'lobes'. I got the idea from a bookmark pattern, but wanted a granny in the middle.

Ok, here goes the 'official' directions:

G hook, ww yarn.

ch 3, join into a circle

round 1:Ch 2, 3 DC, ch 2, (3dc, ch 2) 3 times, join with sl st to ch2. ch 2 and turn

round 2: (2dc, ch2, 3dc in ch2 corner) ch 1, *(3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch1) in remaining 3 corners, join with sl st. ch 4, turn.

Round 3: 11 tr in ch 1 sp, sl st into ch2 corner, sl st in next 2 st and ch1 sp, ch 4, 11 tr in ch 1 sp (both 'lobes' made), sl into ch 2 corner, sc around, 2 sc in point, continuing around both lobes, sl st the middle two tr together, join with sl in 1st sc

round 4: rsc in each sc around, join and fasten off.

I hope this makes sense, round 3 is almost round 3.5 because you go around 1.5 times. I found i needed the row of rsc to keep the lobes of the heart flat. I also needed to do tr for the lobes so they'd be long enough to reach from the middle to the corner. If you have any questions or problems, let me know. I'd love to see your results. :)

You should also start a thread in the patterns sections and post there too. People are more likely to find it if it's there. thanks for sharing!!

You should also start a thread in the patterns sections and post there too. People are more likely to find it if it's there. thanks for sharing!!

I think I will post it there. I've updated round 3. (I was making a second and realized I told you where to sl the lobes together wrong and forgot a ch1.)

Thanks so much. I will try it soon. It reads good. :yes

It's my pleasure. I enjoy sharing fun little things like this. I was thinking I might make three more and join them points together and add a contrasting color circle of some kind to make a large heart-flower. I have no idea what I'd do with it, but I think it might be cute. Or maybe figure out a way to make it into a square, but then I'd have to join them all together into a scarf or blanket or something and I don't enjoy that.... Hmmm... there are so manny posibilities with this little 'doodle' of a pattern.

Archived