Easter stuffies, a few pics

crochetsal

The 'Bulbos' were designed when someone at work showed me one of the halogen lightbulbs from the hot deli display case. They are wonderfully thick glass, and have a flat bottom. Rather than throw them in the garbage, I rescued some. I still have a handful downstairs which need to be 'upcycled'. Edited to add: I tried one with a regular incandescent bulb, and the same pattern will fit both styles. The Egghead Buddies elephant and mouse are a 'continuation' of last year's Bunny and Duck. And the pink rubber ducky is a toilet tissue cover, suggested by a customer. Why pink? I had pink...:D

Although the patterns have already been sent to subscribers, I have yet to put them up on my website and Etsy, which I am hoping to do this afternoon.

eggheadbuddies2.jpg

(above: Egghead Buddies #2. Below, Meet...the Bulbos)

bulbos.jpg

And lastly...Rubber Ducky. Glad he's done, I had a :devil of a time with his derriere.

rubberduckytt.jpg

Sally

Very cute! What an ingenious way to re-use lightbulbs. Not sure I'd give one with a regular bulb in it to a little one to play with... I'm good enough at breaking them my self :blush

but i dont understand the purpose of the light bulb...is it just to use less stuffing?

You do use less stuffing with the lightbulb, and it holds the shape better than stuffing. When I saw the lightbulb, I saw a 'body'. It also keeps the lightbulb out of the garbage--but again, it would be for decoration only and not to be used as a toy.

Sally

Archived