Felted envelope clutch

flyinghooks

I have to go to a fancy dinner. This is traumatic, I've been a SAHM for almost 8 years. I have no nice dress clothes! I went dress shopping, shoe shopping and then, since necessity is the mother of invention.. I designed and made a felted clutch envelope purse...

407840118_2c0bf625c5_m.jpg(clickable)

There's more info (including the clutch pattern & a photo of the dress) at this blog post

Thanks for looking

How talented and smart you are!! Love the bag and love the vintage touch with your dad's ring!!! Have a great time at the dinner...I am sure you will look smashing!!!

Very cool!! I've made bags and clutches to go with my outfits as I,too, am a "ID and cash in the jeans pocket" kinda gal. I haven't tried felting anything yet, but that looks terrific!

it's beautiful. i may have to copy that pattern down and have my sister felt me one for next years big party!

congratulations to your husband for winning an award and have a great time at the four seasons.

i've never been there but have heard it is lovely....

i go into boston once a year for my company's big party at the copley marriot..

It is so perfect! I'd panic if I had to get dressed for the Four Seasons, but you nailed it! Hope it's a blast, I'm a SAHM too and I'm usually desperate to go to Boston. I always peek into the dining room while driving by and wonder what it must be like in there!

Archived