SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

I would love to join in on this CAL! I have some Moda Dea Cache left over from another project, not sure if I have enough but if not, I'll go yarn shopping this weekend... Love the bags everyone has made!:cheer

Kim

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I finished row 52 and I know that its not 100% perfect but I want to continue just so that I can understand what I am doing before I do my next one.

I am so stumped at this point. I have no idea how to continue with the Handle Flap - do I have to crochet the sides of the bag ?

Please help

Should it look like this

th_fbb001.jpg

AuntBubbels,

You 2sc together on the long sides of the bag, 2sctog over 2 hdc rows until you get around 30 sc (more or less)

Personally, to make the holes less obvious, I only do 2 sctog after making a sc in between 2 sc togs (clear as mud?) and continue to do that for 2 rows to make the gathers.

1loopshort's pic should show you how and where the sc dec should be made.

HTH!!!

Looks great! Love the colors...I caved and started another two nights ago...with some Jiffy Thick and Quick that I have had lying around...with an N hook, so its gonna be a giant! Im on the decreasing rows right now and I should be able to finish it tonight, maybe! Since it is so big, Im making it a shoulder-type bag, instead of mini handles on a ridiculously huge bag ;) Im sort of using this as a distraction from my starghan that is taking forever...Im in for the quick fix! Yay for fat bottoms :cheer hehehehehe

I made mine in a weekend, pretty much. But to be honest I didn't do too much else! I did around half the main body while queuing for 2 hours to buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hahaha!

It's quick to make though. I think the majority of my time was spent trying to make my sewing machine work to make the lining :D

I am so tempted to join this one :manyheart I just got the book a few days ago and it is one of the things in there I want to make. I have two questions though :think How does this turn out with Red Heart SS? I would like to use up my stash (and how much yarn - the book is at home and I'm at work) Second question: Roughly how much fabric to line this bag? I checked the tutorial but wasn't clear how much fabric (depends on the size of the bag bt in general how much?)

Thanks and I'm likely in on this one when I finish my other two CALS :devil

I am so tempted to join this one :manyheart I just got the book a few days ago and it is one of the things in there I want to make. I have two questions though :think How does this turn out with Red Heart SS? I would like to use up my stash (and how much yarn - the book is at home and I'm at work) Second question: Roughly how much fabric to line this bag? I checked the tutorial but wasn't clear how much fabric (depends on the size of the bag bt in general how much?)

Thanks and I'm likely in on this one when I finish my other two CALS :devil

I used about 1 skein - it doesn't take much and I also got 1/2 yard of material cut and it was too big. I have not used RHSS, but I am sure it would be great ;)

Looks great! Love the colors...I caved and started another two nights ago...with some Jiffy Thick and Quick that I have had lying around...with an N hook, so its gonna be a giant! Im on the decreasing rows right now and I should be able to finish it tonight, maybe! Since it is so big, Im making it a shoulder-type bag, instead of mini handles on a ridiculously huge bag ;) Im sort of using this as a distraction from my starghan that is taking forever...Im in for the quick fix! Yay for fat bottoms :cheer hehehehehe

Make sure you post a pic - I can't wait to see it ;) Sounds awesome!

I started and finished the first part of my FBB today! I could not put it down. I'm now at the stage where I need to do the lining.

I'm a bit nervous as I don't have a sewing machine and I'm also terrible at sewing with thread. I can whipstitch with yarn, but for some reason I cannot get the knots right on my sewing thread. (It's so bad, I still bring socks to my mother for patching, lol).

Any tips on how to make a sturdy knot with sewing thread? I don't want my lining to fall apart!!

Lets see...I have done a FBB in just about any material...my first was in some bulky mercerized cotton...my second was a giant felted version with Cascade 220 wool, I have made two in Softee Chunky acrylic ( I think it was two), the one I currently use is Moda dea cache wool blend...I like them all...I think that i like the acrylic and cotton, just because you can wash them if you use the right kind of handles or do buttons, like on AmyS version...the one I am working on right now is acrylic also and it is turning out great! Good luck, and as you can see, this is sorta addicting!

i'm going to try this one, I have the book. I need to finish a prayer shawl and a shrug for my daughter first though. So it could be a week before I can get started. I've never lined anything I've crocheted before so that part will probably be interesting.

Melissa

I'm in too! Will start on it and post photos end of the week.

This will be my 2nd FBB -- the first one was made before discovering this thread. I just love this bag, and can imagine it in every color! They work up quickly and are a great stash-buster!

This one will definitely be lined, though, so it doesn't stretch out!

Archived