SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

I was crocheting both sides together and you need to do one at a time. I hope that helps anyone else who didn't understand the instructions.

So how is it going now? Nearly there? I must say I love the white (i have some white and it is going to be one of the gift FBB I make).

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I may give up on this one!!! I've frogged it 3-4 times and even cut the yarn and threw what I'd crocheted away. I'm sure it's just me being dense but when I get to rows 4-14 where you're supposed to mark the stitches, I seem to be okay for rows 4 and 5 but after that the stitches in the middle (between the markers...supposed to be 5 right?) keep growing. Is there a trick to keeping the markers in the right place? I really want to make this......

Thanks...I feel much better now for just telling someone. lol

I think I finally figured out how to get the pictures posted. They are a little bright, but I think that you can make them out. The bottom picture looks a bit funny because you can only see one handle. There are two...the bag was just lying at an odd angle. :)

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

I love this pattern! I love this suede yarn! (Lion Suede in Denim.)

Looks great ladies! Love the pics of the new bags...I finished my giant, I just need to find handles for it...I made some up on my Knifty Knitter, but they are too stretchy...any ideas? They need to be exceptionally big handles, so they dont look goofy!

I think I finally figured out how to get the pictures posted. They are a little bright, but I think that you can make them out. The bottom picture looks a bit funny because you can only see one handle. There are two...the bag was just lying at an odd angle. :)

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

I love this pattern! I love this suede yarn! (Lion Suede in Denim.)

Gorgeous :) I love the suede yarn. I just may have to try that :)

I seem to be okay for rows 4 and 5 but after that the stitches in the middle (between the markers...supposed to be 5 right?) keep growing. Is there a trick to keeping the markers in the right place? I really want to make this......

This is what happened with mine - I have a feeling you need to keep them close together (not on the second stitch) each time. FWIW it didn't cause any problems with the bag having the section between markers increase rather than sections outside of markers.

Thanks Di! I'll just carry on and hope it turns out okay. It's for me so if it's not perfect I'll be the only one who knows, right? lol I did go buy some stitch markers instead of using a piece of yarn, maybe that will help too?!

Thanks again. :)

HI I have been lurking in here for a while. I was wondering if I could join when I get my book. I want to make one for my sister for christmas. Thanks and I looked at all the bags and they are beautiful. Thanks again,britt:manyheart

Welcome, Britt! I finished my giant rainbow bag and unfortunately forgot to take a pic (not to mention, hubby had the camera)! I sent it to my tote swap partner, so hopefully she will take a pic! Thinking I may start another for a Christmas present, but Im not sure yet!

Thanks for letting me join. I was waiting for a reply. I am getting the book from our local libray,but it is closed for the next week or so. I am making one for my sister for christmas. I just hope she likes it when I am done with it. I can't wait to get the book. I will be back to check everyone elses progress.Thanks again

Britt~ CAL are a join-as-you-feel-ready venture...I dont think (i could be wrong) that you ever need to wait for "permission" to join...as I didnt even start this CAL, who am i to "allow" you to come in? just a FBB fanatic with a little free time at work (or i cheat and sneak in the crochetville fix deviously, one or the other :D) just glad to have you aboard! what colors are you planning on?

I am planning on using a warm tinkerbell green that is the only way I can describe it. It is a fall color. My sister loves fall and fall colors. I am still waiting for the book from my libray. I did see it at barnes and noble I just can't justfy buying it when there are only a couple of patterns that I really want. So I will borrow it and make one and then return the book. Are you going to make another one. What colors are you using?

Welcome, Britt :)

Emily, hopefully she will post a pic - I'd love to see your bag :)

GeorgeAnna, ITA with the magnetic clasp. I have made 2 bags and each time I have forgotten to put the clasp in. I will not forget on this one :)

I am making my 3rd bag - it is chocolate brown and lined in the blue and brown material just like I have already posted. I am going to keep this one for me, I think :)

Thank you everyone for your help - the magnatic buttons with fabric reinforcements work great! I'm making a bunch for the Susan G Korman 3-day booth in San Diego!!

I haven't figured oout how to post pics here yet - but you can see the pictures on my blog -

thank you everyone!:cheer

Hello everyone...I bought several skeins of the Celebration ribbon yarn at Big Lots yesterday for 1.00 a skein. I love the FBBs that I have seen on here & ordered the book from Amazon just for that pattern...although there are lots of other patterns in there that I also like.

My question is, do any of you experienced FBB makers think that the Celebration ribbon yarn would work for a FBB??? Also wondering how big are these bags...it's hard for me to judge from a picture.

Thanks in advance for any responses that I might get.

Katie

ok I got the book today and it looks like it has been really well loved. that is ok with me I am excited to start it I think I will do it sometime this weekend or early next week. I will let you know I will probably need guidance. hehehhehe:manyheart

Katie~ Im not familiar with that type of ribbon yarn, but I cant see why you couldnt try it! It looks like the people on here have used lots of varieties of yarn for this bag...whatever you use, I would recommend lining it, as it can be quite stretchy. As for the size, its really up to you...smaller hook, lighter yarn=smaller size, bigger hook, heavy yarn=bigger size. The last one I made for my swap partner Donnalynn2 (pics on her blog) was HUGE-tote sized. I used Jiffy Thick and Quick and an "n" hook...HUGE! Id say play around with it, for sure, its a really fun bag!

Archived