SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Hello all...I am joining in...I about 21 rows done. Believe it or not, but I had a hard time with the first row. Duh...I just couldn't count right. Luckily I came back to it after putting it down...and I am well on my way. I'll check back in later.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant really remember if I posted a pic of this finished FBB or not...so Im gonna post again (hey, I couldnt really find em, and the pics were still on my camera, so I assume no...:)) I made this one for a co-worker of my cousin (the recipient of my first FBB) who loved the bag so much she NEEDED one! This is Softee Chunky in cream and Sugar n Creme Grass Green for the flowers! I have another one that I made, too...a really funky one...but it's in my attic with my other "archived" stuff!

th_creamfbb.jpg

(clicky)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the green flowers against the cream bag... so yummy.

I just picked up some more yarn to finish my HUGE FBB.... I could not find it ANYWHERE.. I was in MA over the weekend and found the last 2 skeins at Joanns.. phewwww

Yhea baby.....

th_bag003.jpg

I am kinda annoyed that the 2 different skeins were the same dye lot but one produced thicker stripes then the other but all in all I love love love the size of this bag!!:yay

Thanks Nicole for inspiration and much needed help!!:hug

Hi ladies. I would love to join but i don't have a pattern. Does anyone know of a place that i could get a copy of a pattern for free? I'm on a fixed income so if you know of a link i could go to that would be great :)

Thanks in advance. I have seen some of your work and it's great!!! I would love to try one.

Hi SouthernJudy I went online to Amazon.com & bought the S'N'B crochet The Happy Hooker Book,

http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Bitch-Crochet-Happy-Hooker/dp/0761139850/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-5198334-2460463?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185985244&sr=8-1

Hi SouthernJudy I went online to Amazon.com & bought the S'N'B crochet The Happy Hooker Book,

http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Bitch-Crochet-Happy-Hooker/dp/0761139850/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-5198334-2460463?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185985244&sr=8-1

Hi Carol, Nice to here from you agin. I too broke down and got the book , hehehe

I have a question:eek

~~ What kind of yarn are you using?? Cranky Crocheter, NoLooseEnds, & SouthernJudy, & anyone else??

~~ I was thinking of using sugar & cream 4-ply Natural Ombre cotton yarn, do you think that would be ok??

~~ I don't know how much I will need so when we went to town, early last week, I bought 7 balls...

~~Have a beautiful afternoon & evening, & stay cool:clap :hook

WEll I finally finished my 1st FBB. I used it for the first time tonite to family bday dinner. Funny, my two grown sons noticed it and one said it looks like something from a local boutique here...lol.

crochetblog027.jpg

You FBB is so pretty, I really like it:yay

That's such a great compliment from your son!!!:manyheart

Lets see...my first one I did in a bulky weight mercerized cotton I got from the holiday gift exchange, I did a couple in Softee Chunky, I did one (the one that I currently use) in Moda dea cache, I did one in Cascade 220 and felted it...hmmmm I think thats it? :scratch

Lets see...my first one I did in a bulky weight mercerized cotton I got from the holiday gift exchange, I did a couple in Softee Chunky, I did one (the one that I currently use) in Moda dea cache, I did one in Cascade 220 and felted it...hmmmm I think thats it? :scratch

NoLooseEnds:hook Thank you, it will be a big help

• 2 weeks later...

Oh you're doing it perfect!! You start the sc2together on the long sides starting from the short ends. Eventually they will gather and bunch up to look like the infamous FBB.

Please look at the first post of this CAL and there is a link to make the lining...where you are right now on the bag is the perfect spot to make the lining.

HTH!!

Updated to add link:

http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

Just in case you couldn't find it.

I've made 6 so far and I'm kinda burned out so I am going all out on wearables right now but should be making matching FBB's to go with my shrugs!!!

Wow! I love everything about it! The size and especially the color!! :clap

Yhea baby.....

th_bag003.jpg

I am kinda annoyed that the 2 different skeins were the same dye lot but one produced thicker stripes then the other but all in all I love love love the size of this bag!!:yay

Thanks Nicole for inspiration and much needed help!!:hug

Thanks for the nice compliments. I got the lining in and the edge stitches done. Now, I am just hunting for clear round handles. I think that is what I would like to put on this purse. If I have to, I will use the light brown/tan ones I found at JoAnna's today.

I already found some Chocolate Vanna's Yarn with cool handles to make my next purse with. I have some adorable blue/chocolate Amy Butler fabric I am going to line with it. I just love blue and brown together. I wish I would make and sell these at the craft bazaar I will be having a table at in November - these are just too fun and adorable too!

bag.jpg

liner.jpg

Archived