SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nichole: No pics...boo

Clare: Glad to have another bag addict on board! With all the wool you have, you're liable to make one FBB for every DAY of the year! :laughroll

Mini: I was just looking through previous posts and saw the button you made for the CAL and I am soo proud and envious of your talent, what a divine button!!!

I know who to turn to for buttons from now on!!

You rock!!

You all have been so inspiring. The bags I've seen here are so pretty. After seeing these, I caught the bug and made four of them. Pictures are on my blog. I'm planning to make some for my sisters and Mom. I just hope I don't get tired of making them since I have five sisters! I don't consider the first three I've made worthy of gifting. They were just practice, but good enough for me to use.

I just started one in Paton's SWS in Natural Plum. I'll put the picture on my blog when it's done.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Mik

Mik, I'm sorry if this post is waay late, but I've been looking at your blog and your work is soo fabulous!!

Thanks for sharing your work with us!

i made 1\3 of the first FBB

actully it is for the young SIL

i`m making my own pattern because i don`t have the book so wish me luck to have exact look of the bag :)

Several people (myself included, after the first one I made) have just substituted an hdc for the stitch and the bags turn out just as great... hope this helps!

i am on the second one (i have only made the crocheted part on the first one)

and i have changd the stitch to HDC :woo and its looking great

Nichole: No pics...boo

Clare: Glad to have another bag addict on board! With all the wool you have, you're liable to make one FBB for every DAY of the year! :laughroll

thanks for the welcome.......yes i think i could have a bag in every colour and them some ! i see how i go ! :rofl

Picture145.jpg

okay guys. here it is. it doesnt look that much bigger in the picture, but it is. just the other day we went to the pool and i thought my giant fbb would be perfect! i fit 3 beach towels, diapers, brushes, bathing suits, etc......lots. it was THE perfect pool bag! i can't wait to use it again. i think i am going to make another one for my daughter. so, i'll see you guys again in a while. i know this will still be running strong!!!

Picture145.jpg

okay guys. here it is. it doesnt look that much bigger in the picture, but it is. just the other day we went to the pool and i thought my giant fbb would be perfect! i fit 3 beach towels, diapers, brushes, bathing suits, etc......lots. it was THE perfect pool bag! i can't wait to use it again. i think i am going to make another one for my daughter. so, i'll see you guys again in a while. i know this will still be running strong!!!

WOW that is the bestest bag ever !!!...i am working on a big one too :yes hope mines looks as good as yours :c9

Whoahohoo!!!

:eek That IS one huge honkin' FB BAG!

Words cannot describe my elation and shock at the size of your "pool" bag.

Great job! Makes me wanna make one before we go to Michigan soon!

thanks guys! btw, i used it for the park today too! good golly, it's perfect for any occasion! i'm getting more use out of that bag that anything else i've crocheted EVER!

ok i have finished my FBB's

the smaller one i am not going to line as it has very tight stitches and i will only use it to go out for dinner/pub etc :)

i was going to crochet around the handles but i thought the handles looked pretty good as is :yes

the other one supersized ~ i used 2 strands of 8ply yarn and a 8mm hook, i went for the crocheted handles as i am not a fan of the wooden/plastic ones for myself.....i lined it too ....and i am sooo happy with it :woo i am going to make another one but just a tad smaller, as this one is big enough that i could fit a baby in it :lol

IMG_1640.jpgIMG_1642.jpg

and here is a photo i took so you could see the size difference !

IMG_1643.jpgIMG_1644.jpg

Oh wow, Clare, great job! I especially like the one with the crocheted handles. How did you do the handles? I'm thinking of doing another one with crocheted handles myself since it's not easy to find cheap bag handles here (I don't want to pay $20/pair from Spotlight!).

I love the big bags!!!!!!!! :cheer:clap

Please please tell me how you did it!! I have been wanting to make a big bag for the boat. And they would be great. I could get all of the stuff I need to take with me.

Thanks so much!!!

Beth: What part of Michigan are you coming to? Anywhere in the west? Wow, to meet an exchange partner face to face...everything else in life takes visa (sorry, Im feeling a tad goofy tonight :P) Seriously, though, where are you going...and WHY MICHIGAN? :rofl

lis- I used a Nifty Knitter for mine. I just tied the ends together and did the rest of the pattern exactly the same.

How did you do the handles? I'm thinking of doing another one with crocheted handles myself since it's not easy to find cheap bag handles here (I don't want to pay $20/pair from Spotlight!).

i just did a chain of about 10 (using a size 8mm hook and 2 strands of 8ply yarn) then joined the chain with a slip stitch, and just crocheted a tube :) make the tube long enough to go over your shoulder and then though the handle flaps that you crocheted on your bag......sew the ends of the handles together and then place on bag sew the flap over the handle and repeat on other side

DONT FORGET THAT THE HANDLES WILL STRETCH !!!!! SO MAKE THEM SHORTER THAN U NEED THEM :)

Please please tell me how you did it!!

Thanks so much!!!

all i did was use a size 8mm hook and 2 strands of 8ply and it makes it really thick EASY PEESY :hook just follow the pattern as normal :yes

Archived