SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

i love the BIG FBB

i would love to make one after i finish the 3 i`m doine (2 for sisters IL and 1 for me)

then i`m thinking of BIG one to carry the books in the college ;)

i caught the addict loooooool

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I fell in love with this fbb months ago, got the book for mothers day and have been working on my first FBB. I am making it in lilac and last nite I did my first fbb lining. It was almost painless, and I was worried. But I followed that tutorial in this thread and it went lickity split! I will post pic when it is finished... maybe after work tonite.... yippy. I cant wait. It would have been done but I found some tear drop purple beading I want to add to it first. I just LOVE these FBB's.:yes

Thanks for the information!

I'm going to start a big one tonight. I have some yarn that I'm going to use!! I'm also going to try making the your handle for it also. Oh I can't wait.

Why do I have to work in the yard today. Can't it rain so I could crochet. :lol

lis- I used a Nifty Knitter for mine. I just tied the ends together and did the rest of the pattern exactly the same.

:hi

you inspired my bag....i couldnt remember who it was so i didnt post it

i would like to say a big THANKYOU :hug

you inspired my bag....i couldnt remember who it was so i didnt post it

i would like to say a big THANKYOU

You're welcome!

Beth: What part of Michigan are you coming to? Anywhere in the west? Wow, to meet an exchange partner face to face...everything else in life takes visa (sorry, Im feeling a tad goofy tonight :P) Seriously, though, where are you going...and WHY MICHIGAN? :rofl

We're going to my MIL's family's Grand Reunion at Upper Silver Lake. We got a letter January telling us that instead of the usual $$ for Christmas they're going to sponsor a reunion with room & board taken care of and all's we gotta do is show up...DH was born in Holland, he is of 75% Dutch and German/English descent so...

My living room is full of laundry waiting to be folded and put away and every room is a mess from the kids being cooped up cause it's raining like crazy so....

I am soo tired of getting ready for this trip, DH is of noo help because of crazy work situations I hope he has enough juice to split driving time with me :cry

Dunno if it's West Michigan, still gotta look up the maps to see where we are going, I swear this is all done with our eyes closed!!

th_June232007GeoPolerRun014.jpg

th_June232007GeoPolerRun017.jpg

I finished this FBB up this evening. I attached crocheted handles to the ends to make a shoulder strap bag. This is my 4th FBB and the 2nd for me to keep. I used Cotton Ease and about 1.5 skeins in charcoal and I also used my method of lining see link for tutorial. I am very happy with the way it turned out!

I started my first FBB today! :woo

I am using yarn from a recycled scarf and it's going pretty well. And now thanks to the nifty tutorial in this thread...I'm going to line it too!

Can't wait to finish...If I could call in sick tomorrow for work, I would!

:hook

-BBG

Forgive me for the non-stop questions about this but I am going to double the pattern..now.. should I keep the row count the same and just add rows?

I plan on 30 inc, 30 staight and 30 dec as iamnicole did but should I keep the same row count with the 5 inbetween?

Thanks ladies!

WEll I finally finished my 1st FBB. I used it for the first time tonite to family bday dinner. Funny, my two grown sons noticed it and one said it looks like something from a local boutique here...lol.

crochetblog027.jpg

WEll I finally finished my 1st FBB. I used it for the first time tonite to family bday dinner. Funny, my two grown sons noticed it and one said it looks like something from a local boutique here...lol.

crochetblog027.jpg

very pretty colour :yes and what a wonderfull compliment :manyheart

th_June232007GeoPolerRun014.jpg

th_June232007GeoPolerRun017.jpg

I finished this FBB up this evening. I attached crocheted handles to the ends to make a shoulder strap bag. This is my 4th FBB and the 2nd for me to keep. I used Cotton Ease and about 1.5 skeins in charcoal and I also used my method of lining see link for tutorial. I am very happy with the way it turned out!

Thanks so much for sharing this, it is so cool! I also love the shoulder variations. Would you mind sharing how you did the handle? Is the handle lined like the bag?

When you sew in the lining by machine, which way do you put the piece under the presserfoot? I am afraid of snagging it and ruining it, but handsewing takes me forever. I want to ge this done and out to a swap partner asap and I am paranoid that I will messing it up.

Thank so much for sharing your lining tutorial!

Would you mind sharing how you did the handle? Is the handle lined like the bag?

i just made a tube as long as i wanted the handle and did the same for the other side

you may need to make the handle flap (thats on the bag) a bit loger so that oit can wrap over the handle :hook

Forgive me for the non-stop questions about this but I am going to double the pattern..now.. should I keep the row count the same and just add rows?

I plan on 30 inc, 30 staight and 30 dec as iamnicole did but should I keep the same row count with the 5 inbetween?

Thanks ladies!

When I started, I kept the 5 stitches in the middle and as I kept going, it started to look weird, so increased it to 7. BUT, I doubled the base chain too. So, maybe if you don't double the base chain, keep the 5 st in between.

Good luck. Can't wait to see your take on it. And I know you will love it. I've gotten SOOOOO much use out of this bag! I've used it more than ANYTHING I've ever crocheted.

Awesome... I am going to double the base chain too and I will start using the 7 from the beginning instead of the 5. I am just going to finish felting a market bag and going to get started on this... I think I had a dream of this big bag... Thanks Nichole!

Thanks so much for sharing this, it is so cool! I also love the shoulder variations. Would you mind sharing how you did the handle? Is the handle lined like the bag?

When you sew in the lining by machine, which way do you put the piece under the presserfoot? I am afraid of snagging it and ruining it, but handsewing takes me forever. I want to ge this done and out to a swap partner asap and I am paranoid that I will messing it up.

Thank so much for sharing your lining tutorial!

Creativity Woods,

Q# 1 I continue to decrease the body after row 52 until I had the desired width for the shoulder strap. It took about 9 more rows with 2 decreases to get the right width. Then I keep crocheting rows until I was close to my desired length and start to do the same increases that I did for decreases (the extra ones after the pattern rows) I made sure the end of the strap fit the end of the bag..when the two were the same size I sewed them together.

Q# 2 I did end up lining the straps like the bag to stop it from stretching too much!

Q# 3 I sewed the lining in with the bag side down but I use a darning plate which covers my presser foot teeth. I have sewed in lining without that plate but I went at a very slow, very controlled speed to keep it from snagging..I didn't snag at that speed. The darning plate only allows me to sew at a faster speed without worries.

And you are very welcome for the tutorial. I hope it helps.

Creativity Woods,

Q# 1 I continue to decrease the body after row 52 until I had the desired width for the shoulder strap. It took about 9 more rows with 2 decreases to get the right width. Then I keep crocheting rows until I was close to my desired length and start to do the same increases that I did for decreases (the extra ones after the pattern rows) I made sure the end of the strap fit the end of the bag..when the two were the same size I sewed them together.

Q# 2 I did end up lining the straps like the bag to stop it from stretching too much!

Q# 3 I sewed the lining in with the bag side down but I use a darning plate which covers my presser foot teeth. I have sewed in lining without that plate but I went at a very slow, very controlled speed to keep it from snagging..I didn't snag at that speed. The darning plate only allows me to sew at a faster speed without worries.

And you are very welcome for the tutorial. I hope it helps.

Thanks so much, that totally makes sense. I have no idea what a darning plate is or if I even have one, lol! Do you think it would work if I put wax paper or something under it and then just picked it out when I am done? I think I may have read something along those lines somewhere, but now I don't remember what it was all about now. Thanks again so much for your help!

Awesome... I am going to double the base chain too and I will start using the 7 from the beginning instead of the 5. I am just going to finish felting a market bag and going to get started on this... I think I had a dream of this big bag... Thanks Nichole!

definitely! anytime. good luck. cant wait to see your bag!

c'mon cranky, where's the update on your bag? did i help or are you gone for good!:lol

You TOTALLY HELPED!!! I am on the straight rows now!! :cheer It is getting pretty big.... But.. I need to go to AC Moore and pick up some more yarn... I was not prepared for this bag :lol

Did you line yours? I think I am going to line mine with some insane off the off fabric!!

You TOTALLY HELPED!!! I am on the straight rows now!! :cheer It is getting pretty big.... But.. I need to go to AC Moore and pick up some more yarn... I was not prepared for this bag :lol

Did you line yours? I think I am going to line mine with some insane off the off fabric!!

awesome!!!

no, i didnt line mine. i liked it as is and havent really decided on a fabric anyway. i will someday before i stretch it out too much!!!

i used two whole red heart super savers, if that helps.

Archived