Buckle Cloche

brianna

As this is only my third post, I thought I'd start by sharing one of my more recent finished products...

399217476_7d9755b195_m.jpg 399216985_8e8518fa94_m.jpg

It's a chunky weight yarn crocheted to mimic the cloche style. The buckle sections are recycled from thrifted belts.

great cloche! i love re-using items like buckles too. not always in crochet. they look great on your cloche. lovely work. very clean and distinctive

Shell: Thanks! I particularly like to use thrifted items as they often have great wear without being worn out.

Margie: Thanks! It's actually the same hat with two separate belt styles. I wanted to show the two options because that's how I wrote the pattern. :)

Wow, I love these! I'd love to have a hat like that to fit my big head. I can never find one big enough. They're awesome!

Wow, I love these! I'd love to have a hat like that to fit my big head. I can never find one big enough. They're awesome!

Kiirs, that's the second time this evening that I've had someone tell me that. The pattern that I ended up writing for this hat includes a formula that allows the person making the hat to adapt the instructions for their head size. It's not difficult to understand and it's worth the effort.

Kiirs, that's the second time this evening that I've had someone tell me that. The pattern that I ended up writing for this hat includes a formula that allows the person making the hat to adapt the instructions for their head size. It's not difficult to understand and it's worth the effort.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this problem! I love hats ~ especially this cloche style ~ but can never find one big enough for my head! It doesn't look any bigger than anyone elses, but it must be! :blush

I just LOVE these, Brianna! Went straight to your Etsy shop for the pattern! I never thought of buckles, but they fit my style much better than the flowers people usually put on them. Thanks for sharing!

:yarnKrista

Archived