My first hat!!!!!

auntbubbels

This is the first hat that I completed. :cheer It was a free pattern and I used a J hook with, I think, Caron Simply Soft. The first pic is the hat over a tupperware, so I guess that is the size of my head!!! :think

I am very excited because I was able to follow the pattern and the hat looks good. I don't like the way I look in the hat, but I do like the way the hat looks :clap

th_myfirsthatoveratupperware.jpg

th_myhat.jpg

:tup Congrats!!!:yay I love making hats...they fit the bill for instant (almost) gratification. Now you'll be making them all the time!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I keep putting the hat on thinking I will like myself in it. I put it to the side, stick some hair out of it, all kinds of things.

I still don't like the way I look and when I see my DH's face, I know that I don't look so great it in. :eek

Oh well, it wont stop me from making more!!!!

Great hat Janet!!! You did a wonderful job. There are so many hat patterns out there that I think are adorable but I don't think they look good on me either. I don't know why that is. They look so cute on the person wearing them, too.

Your hat is fabulous! You did a wonderful job on it too! Don't ever give up on hats. If you don't like a certain hat that you make for yourself, you can always save them to donate to charities. If this was your first time at making a hat, you did fantastic, because my first hat turned out to fit an elephant....certainly not any human I know, LOL! :lol

Great job! and I'll cheer you on to make more! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Congrats on your first hat! It looks great.

:tup Congrats!!!:yay I love making hats...they fit the bill for instant (almost) gratification. Now you'll be making them all the time!

So true. The quick gratification is great. And hats offer so many possibilities... I started with the basic skullcap and now I'm mad over brimmed ribbed caps. Everytime I'm bored and need satisfaction, I do a hat. And it's a great stashbuster too, since it uses just a ball or two of yarn.

Archived