Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :flower

Today we're going to have a BBQ over at my sister's house. Our sister and BIL leave this afternoon. I've been very, VERY glad to see them but I'm exhausted :lol At least I get out of cooking today :D

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, everyone. Kim and I ended up taking an unplanned scenic route to Valdosta yesterday. We had to detour around Atlanta and I ended up on I85 instead of I75 going south. We ended up in Columbus, GA (on the west edge of the state) before I could figure out where we were and how to get back to where we were supposed to be. I took us an extra hour to get here, but there was far less traffic and I got much better gas mileage than if I had been on I75, which is the main drag to Florida. We're having a quiet morning so far. Have a great day, everyone.

Hi everyone. :)

Cara~You've had quite the weekend! It all sounds like fun and I hope you'll be able to rest up tomorrow. :manyheart

Hi Linda! Taking the scenic route is always more fun. :D Glad you and Kim made it safely. Do you all have lots planned this week? Hope you have some time to crochet and/or quilt. :hook

I have news! DD is 9 weeks pregnant and they are sooo happy. She isn't telling anyone yet, but the bloodwork all looks good this time. She told me it was fine to tell you all. :lol So, I'll be planning baby things before long and I just know everything will be okay. :c9 Cara's "Jasie's blanket" has been on my WIM for a long time now. :crocheting

Cara~You've had quite the weekend! It all sounds like fun and I hope you'll be able to rest up tomorrow. :manyheart

Hi Linda! Taking the scenic route is always more fun. :D Glad you and Kim made it safely. Do you all have lots planned this week? Hope you have some time to crochet and/or quilt. :hook

I have news! DD is 9 weeks pregnant and they are sooo happy. She isn't telling anyone yet, but the bloodwork all looks good this time. She told me it was fine to tell you all. :lol So, I'll be planning baby things before long and I just know everything will be okay. :c9 Cara's "Jasie's blanket" has been on my WIM for a long time now. :crocheting

OH!!!!! *squeal* I'm so happy for Sarah and DH :hug:jumpyay:manyheart And for grandma and grandpa too :hug

Good morning everyone.

Mary how exciting :yay:cheer

I spent the weekend working on the path to the cabin quilt. I'm almost 75% done with it.

I also have 60 solids to report from the weekend :)

You're almost there!:yay:cheer

Im so happy many of you have decided to donate some squares to me :clap:clap:clap

I haven't been able to talk to her for 3 days now, except for her to tell me she will fill me in soon and that she was headed to church. Thats been really hard on me because I worry. We are also great friends with her brother and sister in law and they feel just as helpless. Shes been in touch with legal council, not sure if it is for the divorce, or her charges, or both. I also know she has been in constant contact with the base Chaplin. Thanks for all the prayers! and squares :manyheart

Good morning ladies

Today we're going to have a BBQ over at my sister's house. Our sister and BIL leave this afternoon. I've been very, VERY glad to see them but I'm exhausted At least I get out of cooking today

Have a great day everyone

I hope you had fun at the BBQ

Hi, everyone. Kim and I ended up taking an unplanned scenic route to Valdosta yesterday. We had to detour around Atlanta and I ended up on I85 instead of I75 going south. We ended up in Columbus, GA (on the west edge of the state) before I could figure out where we were and how to get back to where we were supposed to be. I took us an extra hour to get here, but there was far less traffic and I got much better gas mileage than if I had been on I75, which is the main drag to Florida. We're having a quiet morning so far. Have a great day, everyone.

Sorry it took you longer than necessary. :( I have family in Columbus. I haven't been down there since my Uncle's funeral several years ago.

Hi everyone.

I have news! DD is 9 weeks pregnant and they are sooo happy. She isn't telling anyone yet, but the bloodwork all looks good this time. She told me it was fine to tell you all. So, I'll be planning baby things before long and I just know everything will be okay. Cara's "Jasie's blanket" has been on my WIM for a long time now.

Congrats to you all! How exciting! :cheer

Im so happy many of you have decided to donate some squares to me

I haven't been able to talk to her for 3 days now, except for her to tell me she will fill me in soon and that she was headed to church. Thats been really hard on me because I worry. We are also great friends with her brother and sister in law and they feel just as helpless. Shes been in touch with legal council, not sure if it is for the divorce, or her charges, or both. I also know she has been in constant contact with the base Chaplin. Thanks for all the prayers! and squares

I hope you're able to talk to your friend soon and things work out the way they should for her. :hug

Hi Judy and everyone I might have accidentally missed.

awwww so shes got one more month to get outta the "danger zone" AWESOME! I hope everything goes well for her. :manyheart Congrats to all!

Hi, Erin and Nicole!

I'm not doing any saltines yet - am finishing a lapghan and then will work on the pink squares and other charity crocheting. I'm waiitng for a graph pattern to arrive in the mail so I can get the yarn I need and start that commission.

It seems that I never have enough of the colors I need for projects.

Morning ladies! Mary, congrats to your daughter!

I did a small sampling of the Garden Trellis pattern, and while I like it, I think my skips in the pattern were off. And I'm not really feeling it for Mom and Dad, so I think I'll go ahead and do the PS. Which means lots and lots of yarn shopping :D And I really like the Snowman and Mouse ornaments from the Lion site using their Holiday Homespun. I think I'm going to make a bunch of those as little Christmas gifts, which gives me a good excuse to buy some of the yarn :drool

Good Morning. :) Thanks to all of you for sharing our excitement. I know it's still early, but we're thinking positively!

Hi Donna ~ I've added 60 solids. Great progress! :clap

Erin ~ I hope to have two squares in the mail by Wednesday...hugs to your friend from me. :hug

Val, it sounds like you've decided on the PS? It's such a gorgeous pattern. :yes

Judy ~ Your graph ghans are wonderful! What will this next one be?

Not sure how it got to be almost 10:00, but most of the laundry is done, Gracie and I have had our walk, and the kitchen is clean. :) DH is working from home today and tomorrow and Gracie still loves to sleep on his desk.:lol Maybe I can get in some uninterrupted crochet time. :hook

Good Morning. :) Thanks to all of you for sharing our excitement. I know it's still early, but we're thinking positively!

Hi Donna ~ I've added 60 solids. Great progress! :clap

Erin ~ I hope to have two squares in the mail by Wednesday...hugs to your friend from me. :hug

Val, it sounds like you've decided on the PS? It's such a gorgeous pattern. :yes

Not sure how it got to be almost 10:00, but most of the laundry is done, Gracie and I have had our walk, and the kitchen is clean. :) DH is working from home today and tomorrow and Gracie still loves to sleep on his desk.:lol Maybe I can get in some uninterrupted crochet time. :hook

Yep, decided on the PS. I'm going to keep a copy of the Garden Trellis pattern though for later use. But it'll be the PS for Mom and Dad. Now I need to actually decide on shades of yarn. Dad commented that he liked this one the best. I know Caron makes a green varigated, which has white in it if I remember right. And the varigated is the portion between the light and dark green. I was planning on using cream instead of white, so I'll have to see.

post-17398-135897437696_thumb.gif

Here is the updated scorecard. Dusti was definitely the winner with 169 squares. :clap

Thanks :blush It rather feels like cheating, since I worked on the saltines for 2+ weeks, and just reported them to you all at once...but it did feel good to make and use saltines, again. I am contemplating an autumn Irish Chain -- Uh-oh :lol Does anyone remember when Kidget posted two variations on the IC using oranges, greens and gold? I am going to IM her, and see if she would mind my working up one of her ideas. I still love the pattern, even after storing it for a year.

Gorgeous colors and prints in your quilt, Linda. Oh, it looks like SO much work, but you and Kim do seem to enjoy it :yes I hope you have time to work on it during your holiday to GA. I know you had a scenic detour on your way down, but, often, it is nice to take an alternative route and see something new. Stay safe.

Cara -- sounds like a great few days with your sisters and extended family. Lots of Bingo :yay

And, what FABULOUS news it is :hug I am so happy for all of you. Please pass along wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy to your DD. How exciting for everyone. You will have to share the patterns you are working on.

I drove straight home from Des Moines, IA, yesterday with only a quick side trip to return Mum to her house. She and I stayed with her college roommate on Friday & Saturday nights(lots of late-night chattering was accomplished!), attended a wedding on Saturday, and then headed home. I was planning to stay with her and my girls last night, but knowing how much work is waiting for me at home, and knowing I am departing on Wednesday for Chicago, I decided to drive the final 5 hours last night and get an early start on my chores, here. Once I started the washing machine and mixed up dough for cookies, I turned on the computer to catch up with all of you. :hi. I will be back this afternoon to read some more. Have a good one!!

My DS (a chiro) is friends with a family he treats. The 2 young men are graduates of the Naval Academy and are now in the Marines....so it's going to have the Marine colors and logo. I'll put USMC on it along witht he family name. Just 2 color changes, so it shouldn't be hard.

Yep, decided on the PS. I'm going to keep a copy of the Garden Trellis pattern though for later use. But it'll be the PS for Mom and Dad. Now I need to actually decide on shades of yarn. Dad commented that he liked this one the best. I know Caron makes a green varigated, which has white in it if I remember right. And the varigated is the portion between the light and dark green. I was planning on using cream instead of white, so I'll have to see.

Gorgeous pattern!

I spent the weekend working on the path to the cabin quilt. I'm almost 75% done with it.

Go Donna! :cheer Go Donna! :cheer

Im so happy many of you have decided to donate some squares to me :clap:clap:clap

I haven't been able to talk to her for 3 days now, except for her to tell me she will fill me in soon and that she was headed to church. Thats been really hard on me because I worry. We are also great friends with her brother and sister in law and they feel just as helpless. Shes been in touch with legal council, not sure if it is for the divorce, or her charges, or both. I also know she has been in constant contact with the base Chaplin. Thanks for all the prayers! and squares :manyheart

I've got to get your square and a couple of others done today :yes I'm just a little behind :blush:lol

I hope you had fun at the BBQ

Oh we did :D My BIL is a great cook :yes

Hope you can get in some crochet time while Gracie "helps" Daddy work :hook Of course if it's anything like when Tuon "helps" me clean house he won't get much done :rofl

I drove straight home from Des Moines, IA, yesterday with only a quick side trip to return Mum to her house. She and I stayed with her college roommate on Friday & Saturday nights(lots of late-night chattering was accomplished!), attended a wedding on Saturday, and then headed home. I was planning to stay with her and my girls last night, but knowing how much work is waiting for me at home, and knowing I am departing on Wednesday for Chicago, I decided to drive the final 5 hours last night and get an early start on my chores, here. Once I started the washing machine and mixed up dough for cookies, I turned on the computer to catch up with all of you. :hi. I will be back this afternoon to read some more. Have a good one!!

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! :yay

So.....

Good morning ladies :flower

I am beat :lol That was a lot of activity for me this past weekend :lol Today I've got to do laundry :yuck BDs done it for the past month but he didn't get a chance yesterday so I guess I'll just suck it up and do it. Oh I'm just so put upon :rofl

In addition to laundry I'm hope to finish 3 squares I need to make and get sent out :hook

Have a great day y'all :ghug

That's wonderful news, Mary! Congratulations!

I have almost finished the Celtic Knot panel for my next shawl and will start on the sides then. Kim's son and family got here last night at about 10:30 pm. Kim was still awake and went out and hugged and hugged and hugged them. I had to force her to go back to bed and was she ever mad at me. She was still awake at 12:30 am. She's been looking at pictures and loving on whoever is closest all morning. :lol :lol :lol It's been a year since she's seen them, so I can't blaim her. I didn't bring any quilting with me, but I've got about 4 different crochet projects with me.

Hope everyone has a great day. :hug

I have almost finished the Celtic Knot panel for my next shawl and will start on the sides then. Kim's son and family got here last night at about 10:30 pm. Kim was still awake and went out and hugged and hugged and hugged them. I had to force her to go back to bed and was she ever mad at me. She was still awake at 12:30 am. She's been looking at pictures and loving on whoever is closest all morning. :lol :lol :lol It's been a year since she's seen them, so I can't blaim her. I didn't bring any quilting with me, but I've got about 4 different crochet projects with me.

Hope everyone has a great day. :hug

Awww how sweet for Kim to get to see everyone :manyheart But she must remember....Linda knows best :yes:lol

That is great news! :yay

I did a small sampling of the Garden Trellis pattern, and while I like it, I think my skips in the pattern were off. And I'm not really feeling it for Mom and Dad, so I think I'll go ahead and do the PS. Which means lots and lots of yarn shopping :D And I really like the Snowman and Mouse ornaments from the Lion site using their Holiday Homespun. I think I'm going to make a bunch of those as little Christmas gifts, which gives me a good excuse to buy some of the yarn :drool

Too bad the Garden Trellis was not quite what you hoped, but it may be better to work it in the future when you do not have a deadline. The Prairie Star is such a pretty pattern. I hope you are able to find all of the yarn that you want for your combination. Have you seen the LionBrand Christmas yarns, yet? I loved the little triangle-shaped Santa pattern, and I would like to make a couple dozen to give the children in DDs' classes. The three stores I have, relatively, near-by are not stocking the Christmas yarns, yet :cry Soon :xfin

I have almost finished the Celtic Knot panel for my next shawl and will start on the sides then. Kim's son and family got here last night at about 10:30 pm. Kim was still awake and went out and hugged and hugged and hugged them. I had to force her to go back to bed and was she ever mad at me. She was still awake at 12:30 am. She's been looking at pictures and loving on whoever is closest all morning. :lol :lol :lol It's been a year since she's seen them, so I can't blaim her.

Ohhh, it must be so nice for her to see her son and family. Kim sounds so happy :manyheart I hope you enjoy all of the visiting, too.

Archived