Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning, everyone. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and it's a beautiful day in Georgia. The headache is a lot better this morning. Not quite all gone, but much better.

I took a bunch of projects downstairs last night to weave in tails while watching TV, but ended up adding two rows to my big filet crochet piece instead. I've got 11 rows done on it now. One more row before starting on the center pattern. It's slow going because it's so big and because I'm still working on getting the extended dc ingrained in my hands. It's much better, but still not something I can do on autopilot. I'll take a picture for Photo Friday.

Cindy - Your basketweave ghan and preemie ghans are lovely. I really like those soft green and soft peach colors.

LeAnna - I'm glad you had a good flight yesterday. Good luck with all the packing activities today. Take time to breath once in a while. It will be so nice for the two of you to be together again.

Joanne - Thanks. John's parting words this morning were, "Make sure he shows you how to do everything before he leaves." I always forget to have them show me something. Oh, dear.

Julie - Aren't you glad the castle ghan isn't for a king-sized bed? :devil

Tam - Way to go on getting your saltines done for the next 4x4 block.

Marisa - Good for you. Knitting a bag for you sister when you're a newbie to knitting is a real act of love. Holler if you need help. There are a number of us who play with the pointy sticks in here. Me included.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay trailer's here, I called my dad, Hub-E talked to his mom, I emailed my mom and other people, breakfast has been made and eaten, I'm dressed...Hub-E's taken some of the already packed boxes here in the hotel room down to the trailer...it's one of those "darkest before the dawn" moments where it really doesn't look like we've done anything and it's after 10:00...

We're going to go pack up the storage unit momentarily and that shouldn't take us more than an hour, then rest and have lunch and then we'll tackle the hotel room and then we'll rest and have dinner (and I truly hope we'll be done with everything...) I believe it's all doable.

We'll stop to smell the roses, I promise...tomorrow is going to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland...looking forward to that.

I got to sleep in a bit today and am just now having bfast:D (my favorite meal of the day).

MINE TOO!

Well, I couldn't hold my self back...I pulled out some new yarn last night and :eek a set of knitting needles!!!!!! When I visited my sister last she looked thru the book of purses I had and marked a few she like and said to surprise her, low and behold all the ones she picked were knitted!! We'll see how it goes since I've never actually knitted anything; however, I have practiced so am not completely clueless :think The one I chose is pretty simple and basic and I got about an inch done last night :yay

I'm a beginning knitter, too, and love it - good luck!!:cheer

We'll stop to smell the roses, I promise...tomorrow is going to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland...looking forward to that.

I've heard it's an amazing place - enjoy!

I'm back for a break...the storage unit is emptied and surrendered and the trailer is packed and now it's time for the worst part of this adventure...dealing with the hotel room. Taking a break at the moment and then getting to it...I want to be done within 3 hours...and then I can CROCHET...I need some cheerleaders please!

I'm back for a break...the storage unit is emptied and surrendered and the trailer is packed and now it's time for the worst part of this adventure...dealing with the hotel room. Taking a break at the moment and then getting to it...I want to be done within 3 hours...and then I can CROCHET...I need some cheerleaders please!

:cheer:cheer:cheer you can do it! :hug:cheer:cheer:cheer

:heart

:mug

Thanks for the cheers Tam...I got two more things crossed off my list...Hub-E's down at the trailer bringing up boxes, a cart and trash bags...he kind of has to go ahead of me around the room and pull out what is essential until tomorrow morning before we can pack and clean, but we have a plan of action...thanks again for the cheers...I'll check back in later...

:cheer:clap:cheer You can do it, LeAnna! :cheer:clap:cheer Pack, PACK, Pack! :cheer:clap:cheer

Hey guys

Just a quick jump in ---

Thanks for all the backup support . I haver all the saltines complete, now it's putting them together .

LeAnna - keep up the good work, you'll get it all done, you'll see .

Enjoy Ohio --- that's my state -never been to the Rock Hall though .

Tam- looks like you have been doing well on your squares for the week again -- good for you !

Gotta run, got squares to put together and Dr at 3,so no time to waste today .

Yeah! The guy from Geek Squad was here. The laptop is defective, it wasn't my fault that I couldn't get it to run. We have to swap it out, then they'll come back and get everything running. I'm so glad that it wasn't me.

Hey Linda and Julie....we're making progress...stopping every so often to what the story of Christian the Lion (do a search on You Tube...very heartwarming...) Thanks for the cheers.

Yeah! The guy from Geek Squad was here. The laptop is defective, it wasn't my fault that I couldn't get it to run. We have to swap it out, then they'll come back and get everything running. I'm so glad that it wasn't me.

:cheer sorry that you got a lemon though

:cheerGo, LeAnna, Go!:cheer

Ooooh....that would irk me, esp at the wasted time!

Hey Linda and Julie....we're making progress...stopping every so often to what the story of Christian the Lion (do a search on You Tube...very heartwarming...) Thanks for the cheers.

That is a wonderful story - very heartwarming, as you said....and a very good reason to pause in what you're doing.

Happy Thursday, Ladies. :)

Cindy ~ Your preemie ghans are adorable...the peach is perfect! And I love your basketweave baby ghan. :c9 I've made a couple using that pattern and those front and back post stitches do use a lot of yarn. :yes

Joanne ~ The Baby Gingham will be so cute in the blues and linen!

LeAnna ~ Enjoy your drive home! You must be so glad to be with your DH again. :manyheart

Tam ~ Great picture of your 'Ville mug and saltines. :hook

Marisa ~ Good for you for starting a knitted project. :clap Are you going to work on the lapghan, too. :devil

Judy ~ Congrats on the saltine progress!

Linda ~ I hope your headache is finally gone. :hug And I hope you get the new computer all set up quickly!

And Miss Julie! We are so proud of you for hanging in there and getting so close to finishing the Castle ghan. :cheer Cam will love it and it will be super special because you made it for him!

my poor little prego daughter first she had the bleeding that stopped.:) yesterday morning she drove herself to the er not sure why she did that:think because she was in extreme pain well she has kidney stones now she says they are the worst pain she has ever had.Think she is going to be very glad when little one comes into the world.

my poor little prego daughter first she had the bleeding that stopped.:) yesterday morning she drove herself to the er not sure why she did that:think because she was in extreme pain well she has kidney stones now she says they are the worst pain she has ever had.Think she is going to be very glad when little one comes into the world.

Oh, Sheila! I'm so sorry that your DD is going through yet another painful time. :hug When is her due date? Hopefully, things will get better soon. :manyheart

We are almost done with the packing and cleaning. It's taking us a little longer than we both like, but we're finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I ended up having a nap at one point...we were going to go out to dinner, but since Hub-E still had some food in the fridge, we're trying to eat that up...which is okay, we don't want to have to move the car right now. Thank you for your cheerleading...much appreciating...I hope I get some crocheting done tonight.

Hi all

Judy- figures that the one day this week I could see some of the Yankees play, they lose- oh well, On to the Devils tonight!!

Julie- WTG on all the saltines- I am impressed. Hope all went well with the Dr today

LeAnna- Sorry I wasn't here to cheer you on during the day- but it seems like you had a lot of cheerleaders here and that you made great progress!! Hopefully by now the packing is done and you are relaxing a bit!!!

Sheila- Sorry to hear about DD and the kidney stones- Here's a:hug

Linda- Oh, how frustrating with the computer- I'd be upset at all the time trying to hook it up to the printer but at least you know it wasn't you:)

Marisa- Good luck with the knitting!

Cindy- you didn't post since the morning so I guess maybe you had to go into work after all? Or maybe you were busy :crocheting?

Mary- hope you had a great day today!

Tammy- I love the colors of your saltines- and can't wait to see who gets one of your hook cases. I :manyheart mine!!

I better go see about dinner before the Devils game @7!:devil

Have a great evening everyone!!!

We are almost done with the packing and cleaning. It's taking us a little longer than we both like, but we're finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I ended up having a nap at one point...we were going to go out to dinner, but since Hub-E still had some food in the fridge, we're trying to eat that up...which is okay, we don't want to have to move the car right now. Thank you for your cheerleading...much appreciating...I hope I get some crocheting done tonight.

:cheer:clap:cheer Now I can cheer for you!! You can finish!!! And I hope you can get some :crocheting done tonight too!!!

Oh, Sheila, your poor DD. Here's hoping she feels better very soon. :hug I've heard that the closest a guy can come to knowing what labour is like is for him to have to pass a kidney stone. :D

I've been working on my filet piece all day today. I'm not sure why, but that's the only thing that interested me today. The Project Runway Finale is tonight. Can't wait to see who wins. All three of the finalists are very good. I think I like Emilio the best, but Seth Aaron is a close second.

I heard that the bad pain happens when they are starting to come out so I am hoping that it happens soon for her.Thank you so much for the hugs.:lol geuss this little one wants to make me really look like a granny with alot of grey hair worry about them and mommy ahahhahaa

Hey Sheila, thinking good thoughts for your daughter. Well dinner is done and it looks like just a few things left to go in the trailer and that's it for the trailer (it is seriously packed to the gills) and the rest will go into the PT Cruiser (named Picard) which will happen in the morning and we are done...Hub-E wants to cook up this one pasta dinner thing to put in the cooler (and can be microwaved later) and then I think just the dinner dishes and the stove and sink are left to do and we can called it done...

Thanks again for the cheers...we knew the hotel room would be a bit of a drill...but we did know it was doable...

Tam, I like the colors of your saltines.

sheila, your poor DD, if its not one thing, its another. Sending good wishes for a speedy and relatively painless recovery.

LeAnna, glad the end is in sight. As I understand it, you two will be driving back to Washington?

Thanks for the kind comments on my baby blankets. I am embarassed to have to confess that the plain peach colored premie one is no more. I washed it, and when I got it out of the washer, I thought I saw an end that I had neglected to trim. You can probably guess what happened. It wasn't an end and now there's a hole in the blanket. I tried to fix it with the few feet of yarn I had left over, but I just made a bigger mess. It is now reposing in the trash can, and I'm halfway through another one. I figured it would take less time to make a new blanket, than it would take to try to fix that one.

I went garage sale-ing today and got a few good deals. I got two Taste of Home cookbooks for $1 each and a set of snowmen dishes (service for 8, plus serving pieces) for $10. I love snowmen, and have been looking for dishes for a few years. Its this design.

Archived