I have yarn EVERYWHERE!!!!

and its driving me insane!!!my entire room is covered in yarn skeins. i can barely walk in it:( .

what do all of you do when youre in my situation???

I step over it or around it.:lol

I cry. Seriously though, have you thought of donating some to a local senior center? I work at one and our seniors are always looking for yarn. Alot of them are on fixed incomes and can't afford to go out and buy their own, but when they have donated yarn, they make such beautiful things. Just a thought.

When my yarn got to be too much to handle, I went out and bought myself a put-it-together-yourself dresser to put it all in.

It all fits, too. :)

I don't know how bad (or good?) your stash is, but I would suggest at least TRYING to organize it. It'll make YOUR life easier, if nothing else.

After you donate some, of course. :hook

I usually shove it under the bed - the one bin I have room for is already full, and I don't want my family screeching at me that I've bought too much, cause I have. :eek:lol The idea of donating some of it seems wonderful!

and its driving me insane!!!my entire room is covered in yarn skeins. i can barely walk in it:( .

what do all of you do when youre in my situation???

I would be so happy more yarn to make blankets ...I promised no shopping for yarn which was going to be easy since I can't walk till I seen the online yarn ad

sounds like my house, i donated tons of it to senior citizens/ the sisters here at church all kinds of places. and i still have more yarn than one person could ever possiblly use. i think the yarn is mutating:devil:devil:devil good luck on getting it organized:manyheart:manyheart

1) put it in plastic (zipper bags or boxes) and throw it in an unused bathtub.

2) other boxes for closet shelves

3) daughter/son gone to college room is good for storeage (put enough in there and they might not want to move back home after graduation)

4) under the seats and back of the van

5) (previously mentioned) under the bed (but this is dangerous as it can be forgotten and then you buy more to replace what you thought you didn't have)

6) collapsable laundry totes (can be bought for $1.00 or so at discount stores)

7) then there's the attic (but I haven't gotten quite that desperate yet)

Recently, we've been moving a lot of things around, and I've organize my yarn by type, meaning one box for each category of baby yarn, worsted weight, cotton yarn, cotton thread, and scraps. This really helped, and after I organized, I felt like I had been out shopping, since I found some yarns I forgot I had! :) Now, I'm working on the scrap afghan, which is really taking up a lot of the scraps, and helping make more room for more yarn. :) Good luck!

Victoria

too much yarn? is that possible? I have an old deacon's bench (basically a large wood box with a hinged lid) it sits about level with the bed and with some pillows on it for cushions the kids sit on it while they play video games. to anyone walking through it looks like a simple bench, never knowing what is inside. the design is easy, anyone who does woodworking as a hobby (or maybe high school student in shop?) could put one together in no time.

My first thought was make a rug.......:devil

Then I really started thinking that and came up with this thought

More hooks and more time :hook

Good luck with getting it down to a reasonable size

organise it into warm colours cool colours and stash it into bags and hide it. if you have a car store it there. the airing cupboard the cupboard under the stairs. get a huge bundle that matches or contrasts and make a blanket.

As for donating I got outta hand with my wool situation and went through the lot. I only kept what i would use I sent loads to my mother who is on a limited income as she is retired. 28 mail bags of wool later she was very impressed and I felt happy that some of my stash had gone to a good home. My mom keeps me informed of what she makes with it and i can`t remember half of what i sent. I was stunned when my mom told me I had sent about £100 worth to her as i had about four times that much left. I promised myself no more wool till it was used up so blanket squares are nearly finished to sew up. I got down to 2 boxes (only i have 6 kilos arriving this week plus 55 balls from an internet site) I went three months without buying wool. not bad huh? go on a crochet marathon make some nice things for us to see on here and go "ooooh lovely" and inspire us to get on with using our stash.

If in doubt put it on the bed and lie in it and enjoy.

I hide mine in the spare room. I am organising mine today while i am off work. It is all in bags it will be sorted into thicknesses some sent to my Mom and i will feel happy that i have such a lovely stash of wool incase there is a wool shortage.

Never would of thought of using a dresser as a storage for yarn. You see them at yard sales everywhere.

How would you go about donating the yarn to the local senior center?

Just bag it up and take it down to them. Simple. If they don't want it IM me!

Archived