STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Wow last night when i got home i just posted my late score... i didn't actually read through to see what the total was... that is a fairly impressive score... i think we are all really understanding the game LOL!!! Oh well, I'm very happy for all of you who really got a great addition to your stash! I think we should think of that negative this week as just increasing our chance for a really high score at a later time! Have a great day all!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the reason my score is so low: I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and I found a bunch of clearance yarn and I couldn't resist!

Yarn Bee Soft Delight in White (9 skeins=18 points) & Black (4 Skeins=8 points)

Yarn Bee Wild Child in Blue Blaze, Chambray & Midnight (2 skeins each=12 points)

Miscellaneous Hobby Lobby Clearance Yarn (4 skeins=8 points)

I also went to Dollar Tree: They had their skeins of Novelty Yarn there for $1 a skein (I purchased 17 skeins=34 points)

For a Not So Grand total yesterday of 80 points

I have pictures posted here!

Ok, I'm finally back after a week of being sick and not doing any crochet. I didn't get a chance to post my score for last week yesterday, but it wouldn't have mattered as it was 0. The good thing about being sick is that while I didn't use any yarn, I also didn't buy any :yes

Now I'm starting to feel human again, so I'll hopefully have some progress to report this week.

:cheeri felt so good going through some of my stash last week yet in -2 already this week lol i bought an extra roll needed for a project lol so im not off to a positive start lol would have been worse but i sent hubby to get the one yarn skein who leaves the store with just one skein ughhhhhh hubby

Well, I hardly crocheted at all last week:P Got into the groove yesterday afternoon & finished a skein of Homespun working on the comfort shawl. I started on the second skein & thought I'll post when I finish it. Then we went to visit the in-laws & I didn't finish it.:P

But... today is another day. I finished skein # 2 and started & finished # 3 - now starting on # 4. I get a lot accomplished when there are no DDs at home & DH is sleeping late :lol I may finish the shawl today, then working on the desperately lonely baby granny ghan.:)

Cheers & here's to a GREAT stashbustin' week for us ALL:cheer

I desperately need to get in on this! Is it too late? I'm guessing by the YTD scores that this will be going all year? I hope so! Anyway I'd like to join, it sounds like fun... BTW I have bought NO YARN since Just after Christmas, I am DETERMINED to get my yarn down to wahts manageable! Did you know my grandmother has been crocheting for more than 30 years and she NEVER buys more yarn than she needs for the project she's on??? How does she do that???:think

tlisley..I don't think there is an end date set for this CAL..jump on in, the yarn is fine!!! But are you trying to get us to believe that there is someone who's crocheted for 30 years and doesn't have a stash?! I don't think that's humanly possible LOL!!! Man, she's got willpower to spare, doesn't she?? That'll never be me, that's for sure LOL!!

Jessie

tlisley..I don't think there is an end date set for this CAL..jump on in, the yarn is fine!!! But are you trying to get us to believe that there is someone who's crocheted for 30 years and doesn't have a stash?! I don't think that's humanly possible LOL!!! Man, she's got willpower to spare, doesn't she?? That'll never be me, that's for sure LOL!!

Jessie

She has like one bag (walmart bag with about 4 skeins in in for the next granny ghan in purple, and one skein left of the yellow for the one she is finishing. She's so funny... she bought me a BUNCH of yarn, but she has 5 little skeins of her own...lol. A TOwer of POWER (Willpower that is...)

Update on latest 3-strand ghan...so far my count is +11 for today.

:D Sing with me now..." Thank heaven for little yarn balls...for without them where would my stash busting score go...."

I love Sunday afternoons cuz everybody is absorbed in doing their own thing to relax...and they all leave me aloooooone!!! :hook

my mom was real sick so she didn't come today, so I didn't get my yarn from her yet, I'm beginning to think that I might not ever get it :lol anyway, I used 3 balls of yarn up today. so I'm 3 for the week and 8 over all.

alright ladies(and gentlemen) let's bring our scores up out of the hole! We can do it! I myself had to work alot yesterday but was definately in the hole for the week we should all shoot for 10 pts each and then we'll have an awesome tally for this week :) LETS GO TEAM!!

I got a little sidetracked with errands & stuff late this afternoon. BUT, I finished the comfort shawl for my co-worker & with it, skein #4 of homespun. That makes 8 for the week, which is a whole 25 hours old!!!:cheer:clap:c9

Next stop, drawstring bag, it won't add to my score, but it will get a turn a WIP into a FO!:hook

I actually made some progress tonight!!! I made a hat for my fiance....that used up one ball and about 1/2 a new skein, so 2 points there. Plus I did a few more rows on my scrap-stripey-afghan, and that used up another ball (which I dubbed the "never ending ball") so another point there. Back to making daisy squares now......I'll probably finish up another skein of white in the next hour or so doing daisies......

I finished off 2 skeins and 5 balls yesterday...so that's 9 points total for this week so far...

I completed my man-this-is-ugly-but-I-really-don't-want-these-yarns-in-my-stash-anymore blanket...only to have my 6 yr old DD tell me that she LOVES it cause it's so colorful LOL!!! So, now it's on her bed and I have to sneak a pic of it after she leaves for school today...

Started working on a second 2 strand granny blanket (did one for younger DD, need one for older DD of course) last night and it's looking good!!

Jessie

Ok I am here and sooo want to bust some major stash this week(So I can buy more next week) lol I have tons of stuff to finish up including edging about 4 gahns for the amegios project so hopefully I can put all my stash into 1(ha) bin by the weekend

Archived