STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I used up a skien on the star blanket I'm making for a friend. I know I probably wont be on tomorrow (we are on vacation) So my final score for this week is

drum roll please :lol

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just decided to get 20 more balls of Turquoise crochet thread off of eBay! :O Maybe I'll get out of the whole next month!

Pamela,

Ok, my friends always tease me that I should have been a lawyer because I pick at words so much. So don't laugh too much, buttttttttttttttttttt.....

Here are the guidelines for this CAL..

"For every SKEIN of yarn you use up completely, you get 2 points.

For every SKEIN of yarn you turn into a small ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

For every SKEIN you buy, get given or inherit, you LOSE 2 points!!!

For every BALL you buy, receive or inherit, you LOSE 1 point!"

Now, one could "assume" that the negative skeins are also yarn. And you said you are getting crochet thread off of ebay. So do they really count in the negative??? :lol

LauraLee

Great haul there Clare! Well this week has been a bust for me getting any major stitching done. So my final score for this week is

I forgot to mention. I was doing great until this morning when I came across some gorgeous verigated yarns. The 2 inparticular I went crazy for were called Toy box and Camo. ( In Australia we don't get really exciting colours to choose from most of the time and to find these here for only $2.00 a 100gms. is fantastic) My son is going to love the afghan I make him for Airforce Cadet camps from the camo I go. Just need to decide on a pattern.

Y'all look like you are having so much fun I thought I'd join in the stash busting but I fear to fail soon. I did in fact fail, my order from Handy Hands arrived yesterday and so now I'm in the hole with my thread stash. I have some lovely thread to make doilies with so I will make that up soon. I will need to buy more yarn soon for a few afghans I'm working on as well.

I'm making a hat right now and finished some mittens that's eating up lots of yarn which is good. I hope to make a scarf to match. If I'm lucky I'll have knocked of 6-7 skeins with this project.

Okay I'm getting in on this! I have been working on this star afghan for 2 days and used up some stash! I'm not a super fast crocheter or nothing but I'm liking the quick results I'm getting on this project!

So far my score is 5 (since I used a full skain and two partial skains).:cheer

Wish me luck as I am tempted to go shopping tomorrow. I will avoid the craft section with all my might.. lol

I went to spotlight hoping to find some yarn and I couldnt find anything. The shelves were half empty. I asked what was happening and they said they were getting their winter stock in soon. So the 11 skeins of yarn I took with me in the hope I could exchange it ended up just being returned. So that adds another 22 points to my score. Until I go and buy yarn again. Im going to look on ebay now.

This has been a busy, hectic week....but....so far I managed to get a score of 11. I started on a three strand ripple afghan and used up 2 full and 5 half skeins so far and used up another skein doing a hat to match a scarf I had already made. I'm not sure if I will get a chance to get back in here tomorrow before 8 so I thought I would post my total. Hopefully next week will be better. :)

Well this week I will finally be able to report my score for the week xD I'm doing it a bit early, my score was: 7!

I finally finished off a skein and a half that were taking forever. Well at least I'm doing more each week. *sigh* I may buy a skein of yarn this weekend, but only one!! I swear. >_>;;;;;

Well, my final stashbusting score for this week is 4. Not great, but although I bought a couple of skeins I needed for projects I was working on, I did not give into temptation and go crazy on the purchases. There is always next week, however... and the next week, and the next week. I know temptation will probably get the better of me sooner or later.

OK..so yesterday's score is +2, as I used up another full skein on my ugly blanket...it's really bad, the colors that are next to each other...can't wait to see how monsterous it is by the time I finish LOL!! Off to update my score....

I am very sick today though, so will probably spend most of the day sleeping...not sure I'll have any more points to add before 8 PM...

Jessie

ok so after reading about clare, i don't feel soo bad....*sighs* i went back to joann's last night...and now got 26 more skeins for 75 cents each...i figured im already too far in the hole for this week i may as get them now so im not in the hole to start off next week lol

Well I managed to get through some skeins this week

Total this week including the purchases are shown in my siggy

Great job everyone

Funny I thought the stores would go out of business if I didn't purchase yarn....I guess I was wrong.....I don't like to admit it to my husband that he was right. :blush

I am off to work on some squares for the square a thon this weekend.

Have a great day!!:hook

ok I made 2 balls last night for 2 more points, I'm never gonna win any prizes, but I'm steadliy working on my stash.... well until my mom shows up tomorrow with a yarn delivery, oh, well, 2 steps forward, 12 steps back right? :rofl

Okay, I had to adjust my score. I had messed up and only taken off 1 point instead of 2 when I bought yarn.

But, I got two skeins down to a ball, and possibly will have one of those balls used up later today. Been busy making baby things to use this stuff up. My pounder baby afghan is offically on hold for a while.

+2 more points for me this week, I used a small skein making squares. I highly doubt I'll finish with any others before 8, so I'm posting now. Can't wait to see 'em all! :hook

Okay, my neighbor and I were doing our weekly carpooling on errands and she wanted to go to Joann's and I had no will power--I bought 4 skeins of the Berbat Baby Coordinates in white. But, these are for my sister's Christmas present, a tree skirt identical to the one I made another sister last year, and it was on sale for $2.50 each, so the skirt will only cost me $10, so I HAD to buy them, didn't I? :yarn

<Sigh> -8 for the week. Not a single skein used up enough to count at all. I did finish my PL blanket and will try to dowload a photo.

patty

Archived