STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I hate to admit this, but I'm just as bad or even worse :rofl I got the eqiuvalent of 70 cones of yarn this week. Take a look at my score :blush

Right now I am working on flower girl dresses for my SIL's wedding. If I have enough thread leftover there may be enough for a couple of clutches for me and another SIL (we're bridesmatrons :lol)

My DH actually sent me out to AC Moore last night to cheer me up...he gave me the $$ he had in his wallet for his camera fund and told me to go...and my first reaction was "NO, I don't want to go, it will count against me in the stashbusting CAL!!" which really made him laugh. :D I did go and I did pick up 3 skeins, but it is yarn for current projects and I have been looking for this one color of RH Soft Yarn for nearly a month...and I did take 7 skeins with me to donate on the way out, so I'm down 6 points but up 14, which boils down to up 8...I'm off to change my score now...and once I read through the rest of the postings, I'm off to hook up some more!!

Jessie

I'm posting now, then I'm off to work. I finished a scarf last night with Moda Eden (love those little skeins!), finished a skein of black and dark blue on my aunt's afghan, almost finished a light blue (plan on making a square or two this weekend to get rid of the ball), and finished another skein of cotton!

Updating my score.....:cheer

I finished sewing my strips together. Now onto the border.

The New Mainstays is like the pink bunny with the drum. It just keeps going and going.

2 strands and an N hook and the ghan is 3 1/2 x 5 ft and I still haven't finished off ANY of the 4 pounders I'm working on!

PC310046.jpg

Soooooooooooo - that's 4 points for starting 4 pounders. (I really thought I'd finish the pounders doing this part of the blankie! Off to change my siggie.

Well...I managed to get my round ripple done last night

th_lavroundripple.jpg clickable

and I get to add 4 more to my score so my score for this week is 16 total....at least it stayed in the positive :cheer

I hope to get some more crocheting done tonight....but...I am sure it will be after 8:00 so I will have an early start on next week's points. I would love to sit and crochet all day but I promised to help my daughter move today (from one apartment to another). Of course, she had to pick the coldest day of the year so far :wbrr

Ok Beth I :nworthy to your greatness. I thought I was bad. :devil

Well, it's been years since I went yarn/thread crazy...one time 6 years ago, I cleaned out the clearance section of cotton thread/yarn at a JoAnn's and probably bought like 200++ balls of yarn...sold most of it off on eBay to fund my newfound shoe habit...:rofl

The thread I got retails at $26/lb, somehow someone was cleaning out their warehouse of this yarn and I got a great deal!! Now I have to stop myself from ordering more!!

Well see Beth if it's needed then it's not a waste for getting all those points lol.

No, it really is not. I make lots of garments and accessories with my stuff and since I found out that crocheting has helped lose 4 lbs over 2 weeks, I have more incentive to lose more weight since I am crocheting and not snacking (well, hardly ever). :wink

I just finished another skein on my baby ghan. I also am posting my score for this week because I am headed out of town for my aunt's birthday. Her birthday present this year is out of my stash. I am giving her 10 new balls of thread from my stash. That gives me 38 points for this week.

Ok, my score for the week is 35 - I just gifted 13 skiens of sock yarn to a RAOK wish list member!!!

That is my total for the week, I will not be finishing any other skiens or balls today, and if I do I will count it on next weeks score.

I guess I should post my score now. I know I will be doing more this afternoon, but I won't be around my pc to post it. So for now my score is +40 for the week.

I don't think I will get much done next week because quite honestly, my stash is just about gone! And here I thought I had so much lying around! We'll see tho. I have some skeins I was planning for certain projects that I might just use up anyway.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Does it count if I help others use up their stash? Or does the fact that I touched their yarn to begin with give me negative points? :)

i'm trying that scrappy bear pattern and well lets just say my bear looks sick so far...he has no legs, no muzzle and since i didnt have poly fill i filled him with yarn(a good way to get rid of stash lol) and i didn't have the eyes so i just sewed some on and well he just looks creepy right now :)

DSCN1458.jpg what do you guys think?

Save that design for Halloween. Done in white with big black eyes it would mak a great ghost. LOL. I think when you get the legs, muzzle and ears done he'll be OK. You did alright, I tried it and had to frog it out of it's misery. Good luck.

Ellie 13

Archived