STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I recieved some yarn I ordered this week so that is negative 14 for me. But I used 3 skeins of it today so a plus 6. I also used up 2 skeins for another project at the beginning of the week so that makes another plus 4, giving me a grand total of negative 2. Not bad...not bad. Now I need to go adjust my score and get to crocheting so I can at least end this week in a positive.

My weekly total will be +2. It's modest, but truthfully I was too depressed to do much crocheting this week. I'm feeling better now, and I need to finish a baby blanket by Monday evening, so I have to get the hook moving.

I used up 3 more skeins on my daughters winter coat. Now all I need to do is put the edging on it and it will be finished.

I used up 1/2 a skein making a baby hat set for a friend. And another skein making a pair of doll pants.

I'm at +15 for the week. If I get any more done I'll update it here.

I just finished up two more skeins this afternoon so that will give me a positive 2 to end the week! yay. Now its time to start over for this next week and hopefully get some major points.

for the week ending 9/23,

here are the winners;

Gold Award...... laughlovehook 15

...........................................scc51055 15

Silver Award............... hseger 14

Bronze Award.......... econ-nerd 4

.......................................... angelfire 4

congrats to all the winners

renegade.............. 2

LaVelle..................2

Robyn..........................-2

Kelly A ........................-7

Krystal16 ..................-10

DesertCrocheter ........-10

rlanto.......................-24

tamugrad.................-24

and

SHOOT THE MOON- Nght - 37

Also thank you Angelfire! I was at dinner and forgot to post before I left.

Let's see, I'm starting the week off brilliantly. I finally went down to the LYS and picked up a few more skeins of cotton for kitchen sets. Wouldn't ya know, 10 skeins of alpaca jumped into my basket and demanded I make myself a sweater out of them. So, I'm -28 for the week!!!!

I didn't get here since the 12th (11 days!). I've was on vacation (9th - 15th) and helping my parents clean out their house. I worked a lot of hrs. last week and didn't get any crocheting done, so posting 0 would have been useless. This week I used 5 balls making dolls and flowers (+5). I'm going to start putting together my Bro's afghan, that should use a couple of skeins. I hope to do better this week.

Ellie 13

I am just wondering (because I ponder such things when I should be pondering other more important things) how everyone is doing with thier YTD scores? I notice alot of negative weekly scores and am curious as to how much stash everyone is actually busting? ;) Is everyone adding more than they are busting? :lol:P I have found that this stashbusting CAL has actually helped me to bust a large amount of my stash. I still have more I would like to bust but I have done well this year with not buying any more yarn unless I absolutely needed it. I am quite proud of myself for this. YAY!!! Thank you all for helping me along!! :clap

Well, Anna... since you asked....

NO!!! I'm not doing well! I have bought about 200 skeins (hence the score) more than I have used since we STARTED. I really must stop, but I see some great bargains and... well., I CAVE!!!

Plus, I've been given a bunch.

Also, I have been doing a LOT of projects that use HUGE skeins/balls of yarn/thread. Not a lot of point busting there!

Thanks for digging up my score, Anglefire. I was wrapped up in a movie last night and forgot to turn my computer back on.

So far for this week, I've busted one skein, so +2.

Starting off this week right. YAY! I used two skeins of yarn today for some small projects and that gives me 4 points so far.

I too am worse off then when I started. By my ytd score that's about 238 skeins. In my defense I was gifted a bunch of it from freecycle and the rest I bought on super good deals. I also didn't have but about 38 skeins and some balls to my whole stash to begin with. I was going to use this to try to stay around that amount but then the yarn bug bit me now I just am shooting to get under 500 then 400 and work my way down.

I busted a skein and a ball today for +3 I'm starting out right anyway.

Archived