STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Well I went to Joann's yesterday and did real good. I only got 1 skein of RHSS since it was on sale and the color I got I will use before long on a quilt I'm doing. So -2 but then I finished a skein of cotton last night +2 so it zeroed out that skein I bought.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still working on my scrapghan/snuggle.....I used up 7 more balls of yarn last night and this morning....I still fear that I'm going to run out of yarn doing this...:rofl Ok, back to work, I want to finish this snuggle before I have to go back to work tomorrow....

I was bad.....I put a bid on some yarn on eBay.....don't know if I won or not, I'll know in 26 minutes.....don't tell my fiance, he doesn't know yet.....:devil If I win, it's 15 skeins......at least I won't run out of yarn......

Yeah, so I won the auction.....15 skeins of yarn will be heading this way in the next few days. I'll add the points when they get here....until then, I'll just crochet my little fingers off to make up the points.

Alright, I received my last yarn shipment today. I should have everything for holiday gifts, so hopefully I won't have to buy any more yarn until well after the holidays.

SO...from Knitpicks... -124. Then, I busted 3 skeins over the last two nights, which brings me down to -118!!!

Still working on this scrap-snuggle.....it's for a larger animal.....used up 7 more balls and one more skein on it, so +9 more for me. I think this is turning into my best week yet.....too bad about the yarn I'm getting next week.

I made a plarn ball with 20-30 bags (-2), but used most of it making a tote. I'll have to add to it to finish the tote (the never ending plarn ball - LOL). I used a ball on flowers (+1), so my score so far is -1. Next week I'm on vacation and I'll be helping my parents clear out the house for their move. You don't realize how much can accumulate in 45 years (6 kids helped - LOL). Lots of memories. My SIBs will help on weekends, but it's mostly up to me. I'll try to keep up with stash busting and get here when I can.

Ellie 13

I got my yarn and grab bags that I'd ordered from Elmore-Pisgah. Holy cow, was that fast! 6 days (weekend and holiday included!!) to my door in small town Kingsville, Ontario!

And the shipping was almost exactly as what was stated. A little high, but I can't blame the yarn company!

So...between the full balls and the part balls that were in the box: -82 so far this week. Now to get busy.

Sally

I used up 9 small balls for circles of hope and another one edging them last night. I also made up a couple stitchmarker case for stitchmarkers that my daughter and granddaughter made and used 2 small balls. so that is =12 to my score. I might get out of the hole by Saturday night. :cheer

Busy fingers during my vacation

Busted through a Caron Pounder (one of their new colors) making squares for PRA (who is in need of "girl" colors) and a winter hat

Also busted through another 3 skeins making scarfs and hats for PineRidge.

Right now sitting at + 8 :jumpyay......why is it I now think I need more yarn:think

Off to make more squares and hats/scarfs :hook

I got my yarn and grab bags that I'd ordered from Elmore-Pisgah. Holy cow, was that fast! 6 days (weekend and holiday included!!) to my door in small town Kingsville, Ontario!

And the shipping was almost exactly as what was stated. A little high, but I can't blame the yarn company!

So...between the full balls and the part balls that were in the box: -82 so far this week. Now to get busy.

Sally

---------

Ah, but enjoy your new acquisitions!

:yarn I got my 8 skeins in from my yarn trade -16

Used 3 skeins on a scarf +6

A friend came over and fell inlove with 4 of them, she took them! +8

Used the last skein making another scarf +2 **So basically they all cancel out to 0 **:cheer

Used up a ball making a felted swatch, now it's a doll blanket for my daughter. +1:lol

Other than that, I haven't done much of anything this week. Started a new full time job *only temporary to build up a little extra cash* Plus I have a horrible head cold, and now my 2 yr old has it. So not much will get done. I will try to work on something tonight, depending on how DD and I feel. :no My poor husband! :devil

Oh yeah, I'm at +7 for the week

Ah, I have managed to bust one more skein on a totebag gift. SO... that gives me -116 for the week.

Really, this is supposed to be about busting the stash, not increasing it! I should learn!

Can add an additional 13 points to my score this week for a number in the black (finally)

My score this week is +21 :cheer:woo

And I want to mention I just got home from Joanns with nothing!!!!:woo:yay

Rats! I went shopping with a friend on Sunday and so I started the week in the hole. I managed to break even and hit zero this morning and then I went shopping today :sigh I ran out of yarn that I bought on Sunday making a half moon shawl and had been planning to get a bit more yarn tomorrow so that I wouldn't have to count it this week but :sigh

Put me down for -26 (but it was a good sale - a buck a skein for Lion Brand suede :hook )

Archived