STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Haven't posted yet this week, but I have been keeping track, so here we go......I used up 3 more balls and made a skein into a ball making squares for my grandfather's afghan (+4)....all the squares are made now, so all I have to do is put the squares together and weave in the ends :eekI hate ends......

Then I decided that I should make an afghan for my bed, but didn't want to have to buy more yarn, so I'm making a scrap-ghan......it's going to take forever, but I'll get there.....I've used up 6 small balls on it so far, so +6 more!!:clap

So, a total of +10 for this week so far.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are LAST week's scores (6/16/07)

krazy-kitty 22 <-- GOLD MEDALIST

angelfire 18 <-- SILVER MEDALIST

Lavelle26 17 <-- BRONZE MEDALIST

slicer 12

KellyA 11

Robyn 10

laughlovehook 8

tlisley 5

Ellie_13 2

flyinghooks 1

Nght 0

stargazingirly -4

bizzyboppers -8

tamugrad02 -18

renegade -43

crochetsal -54

Krystal16 -78

hseger -99

DesertCrocheter -102 <-- SHOOT THE MOON!

HERE are this WEEK's Scores: (6/23/07)

rlanto 28 <-- GOLD MEDALIST

angelfire 27 <-- SILVER MEDALIST

hseger 7 \ It's a tie!

coolhocketmom 7 / BRONZE MEDALISTS!

Krystal16 5

DesertCrocheter 5

Nght 2

tlisley 1

flyinghooks 1

stargazingirly 0

scc51055 0

renegade -52 <-- SHOOT THE MOON AWARD

Wow I went from almost the bottom to almost the top in 2 weeks. :lol

I just busted 1 more ball today on baby hats so +1 more but I'll finish a skein soon but will then have to buy another one to finish my spiderman rr.

Woo hoo!! Shoot the Moon!! I am honored to join such august company as has captured this coveted award in the past. I will humbly try (not) to live up to it in the future. (Aided by WEBS emailing me that my yarn order couldn't be filled since the companyhas let that yarn go out of stock and won't make any more. That would;ve been 18 points otherwise!)

Patty

Last week was my first week, and I got 32, but I didn't get on the board. Did I not follow the rules? Hmmm....well, I'm glad I busted a lot of my stash anyway.

For this week, I went through another 2 balls yesterday, so that puts me at +9.

~Tami :hook

Tami,

Unfortunately, I am not able to hunt down all the posting people. So, you need to get on here and post on Saturdays (or as soon to Saturday as you can if you can't get on here on Saturday) and make a post that says "WEEK TO DATE SCORE WAS.... "

I go through the posts for the end of Friday and Saturday and use those scores.

Today I went through a skein edging squares for my granddaughter's afghan. I spent two days tucking tails on Circles of Hope and I will be busting some balls edging them in the next few days. I hope to get all my balls of white used up before I have to go buy some to finish. I have to tuck more tails but I have almost all done. I have approx 500 circles and had to tuck tails on more than half.

Tami,

Unfortunately, I am not able to hunt down all the posting people. So, you need to get on here and post on Saturdays (or as soon to Saturday as you can if you can't get on here on Saturday) and make a post that says "WEEK TO DATE SCORE WAS.... "

I go through the posts for the end of Friday and Saturday and use those scores.

Okay, I'll make sure I do that next time.

Thanks!

~Tami

Finally! I get a couple of points!! I got + 4 making preemie blankets and hats. I have been crocheting my fingers off but not finishing off anything! So discouraging! I definately WILL NOT be out of the whole this week unless my stash catches on fire! (God FORBID!!) LOL

Wow! I got a bronze metal two weeks ago with only 17 points! I can't believe it! Anyways, I doubt there is any hope for me this week. I finished another ball of thread today for a plus 2. But that is it. I am still negative 12. I can still try though...the week is only half gone.

WHEE! A gold medal! Those scrapghans are a blessing, both for my stash and for the people I give them to! Not doing too bad the last few days. I've busted 4 skeins of fun fur and 1 skein of red heart so soft on a winter warmth set for christmas and then 1 more skein working on another set. Hopefully I get some more done tonight, but it's been slow going for me with work and everything.

Just when I get a few points up, my SP goes and gifts me with 3 balls of Peaches n Cream. Oh well, I love the cotton, so I can't complain, and this puts me square back at 0 for the week, so far.

I love this idea, but it's a good thing I'm not keeping score.... in the last week and a half I have bought 121 skeins of yarn in three trips to JoAnns because of their clearance sales. But at least 3/4 of the yarn were only 97 cents and the rest was 1.97 so I can't complain. I have never had this much yarn before but I'm loving it!!! Good luck!

I didn't get to post last week. I went to the Phantom Gourmet's BBQ Beach Party Friday night and saw Johnny Rivers Saturday night (Boston MA). I did a lot of crocheting on the bus/train on the way there. I used 3 balls making 6 turtles (+3). I was sick on Monday (too much BBQ?) so I used 2 skeins + 2 balls making 9 X 7 rectangles (+6). I'm starting an afghan for my brother (he's large) so I can do alot of stash busting with it.

Ellie 13

I love this idea, but it's a good thing I'm not keeping score.... in the last week and a half I have bought 121 skeins of yarn in three trips to JoAnns because of their clearance sales. But at least 3/4 of the yarn were only 97 cents and the rest was 1.97 so I can't complain. I have never had this much yarn before but I'm loving it!!! Good luck!

wow you hit the motherlode, by the time I got to JoAnns here all the clearance yarn I wanted had been snatched up by the yarn tribbles. I really wanted some Simply Soft...but alas...at least I stayed in the positive.:blush

I used up 10 small balls of white today edging Circles of Hope. Now I have to start on full skeins. I will take a break tomorrow to do something else. I have some yarn that begs to be made into a tote and felted.:manyheart

I used up a skein of sugar and creme today for another +2 points. Still haven't bought the skein I need though that will be tomorrow probably.

Archived