STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

;) Who ever mentioned the clearance sale at Joann's you should be ashamed of your self ;) I guess I just have low will power lately :no purchased another 12 skeins ....... off to change my siggy:P I know that I will not be able to bust through these :devil

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, drats. I was doing so well but then I needed to buy some yarn/thread for some designs that I need to finish this week. So, while I finished another ball of thread last night for plus 2 points, I bought 6 balls today for negative 12 which gives me a total of -1o to add to (opps...I mean minus from) my score. I will use most of it today though...so I should be good. "should be"...

I decided to make a hat/scarf set for my mom for Christmas to go with her afghan.....my mom loves any type of novelty yarn (eyelash, fuzzy, furry, etc) and I had some in my stash....I used up 2 full skeins and made 2 balls so +6 for me.....off to update my siggy.....

Had to throw away 4 full cones, 2 full balls, and 10 partial balls, as they were left in the garage when we moved and have been water damaged and smell really musty. :( Was gonna use it to make my sister an afghan, will have to see what I have got left in my stash.

So, thats +22 :woo

Rox

I got a ball back from the 3 skeins I gave my neighbor (Drats! -1), but I gave 4 skeins to another neighbor (Yay! + 8). I busted 5 balls (+5) making turtles. I got 8 done, need 6 more before Saturday. My score so far 12! YAY!

Ellie 13

I finished a ball of yarn so that is +2 for me. (it was a sugar and cream ball...full one) I am gonna try to get back in the black today. :hook

Mom decided that I needed to make more shrugs for her, so I've been blessed with 8 more skeins of yarn from her. Then 3 more came in the mail that I needed for something else. Another -22.

Currently working on about a bazillion projects. Hopefully one of them will start producing some points in the RIGHT direction for a change.

Not good. Not good at all. I had to buy two more balls/skeins today. So that is negative 4 for me giving me a total so far of -7. But I WILL get it back by the end of the week. I just HAVE to!!!!

I've used a full skein of cotton and a bunch of acrylic partials (but didn't finish them) for a few FBB's in the last few days. I'm waiting for the closures & handles to come, so I just keep making more until I can finish them :lol

So just +2 so far. Geeeeeeeez, seems like it should be more than that! :think

Well, this week, I got the 6 skeins of Caron Simply Soft for a bolero for my sister. The original pattern is at Diane Langan's site. Since I've never used any of her patterns, and the free one was almost what I wanted (I shortened the sleeves), I'm using it. It called for 18 oz, but I'm on the last sleeve and am only on my 3rd 3 oz skein. I figured I'd use less with the shorter sleeves, but didn't want to run short!

I have to finish it today, the graduation my sister wanted it for is tonight. I do want to email Diane Langan, the pattern goes from one row with 48 sts, to the next row with one decrease at each end for only 42 sts. When I followed the rest of the rows, I was supposed to end up with 'x' number, but was 2 or 3 rows short, so I think she forgot to add a repeat instruction. Found my mistake...stitch count is still off (48-2 is still not 42)...but *I* missed a repeat further along. Right number of rows! Rather than rip...I ended up with 4 sts more than I needed but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

I'll post a pic when I'm finished if I remember to take one before it leaves my house!

Sally

Archived