WOW! Somebody DOES like my work!

So being somewhat new to crochet...I pretty much limit my gift giving to family members...who will be honest...but....love my gifts because they are from the heart...

This morning I commuted with my Dad to work (We work at the same facility but rarely commute together) and I came in the house instead of waiting for him. Mom came out at 6:30 this morning in her nighty with the Jewelbox/eyelash scarf I made her for X-mas wrapped around her neck and said "My boss LOVES my scarf and I told her that my daughter made it...she asked if you could make her one." turns out Moms boss's last day is March 2nd...so...Mom wants to give it to her as a gift.

HOW COOL IS THAT?

So here's the scarf that I gave Mom. Its made with "Jewel Box" which is like a black chenille/suede type yarn with flecs of color "string" strewn throughout the yarn. I got it on closeout at Wallymart like 8 months ago. The fringe is eyelash...like mini funfur...but it just so happened to be the same colors as the flecks throughout the jewelbox so I had to make it the fringe for the scarf. That all being said, I can't find the jewelbox anywhere...so I bought black Chenille thick and quick and a similar fun fur. When I brought it to Mom this morning she asked if i'd mind if she gave her friend the scarf I made for her and she took the new scarf. I don't mind at all. Her friend seems to have a REAL affinity for this scarf, and well Mom knows there are many more beautiful scarves coming her way. :manyheart I also learned that My younger sister, who rents Mom's basement, also steals Mom's scarves....well I'll say they share them. Thanks for being excited with me.:hug

1784.jpg

Archived