Freepatterns dot com has revamped

I just got informed of this by email AND PM this morning. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I would have preferred them sticking to the old way.

Hey, you wanna bet I was sending them too much traffic? :lol:lol (Kidding.)

Maybe it's been too long since I actually went over there and looked, but it doesn't seem all that different to me. Different layout and colors, but the downloading process seemed the same. :shrug

Maybe it's been too long since I actually went over there and looked, but it doesn't seem all that different to me. Different layout and colors, but the downloading process seemed the same. :shrug

No...there is not actual link to the pattern anymore. You have to actually "download it" instead of just "viewing" it.

I found out real quick yesterday and also am not sure I like some of the changes. I was one who also liked viewing before downloading and no matter what I did I had to download, I do kind of like that they have separated the catagories more, atleast when I was looking through doilies I didn't have to go through a bunch more stuff I didn't want to look at right then.

Pam

I still have trouble with Acrobat reader (yes even when up to date) so I like that the new system avoids calling the pattern online. I can't tell you how many times I have lost all my browsers because I wasn't paying attention and clicked a pdf link.

I did use the "save link as" option if I remembered it so I had to dl without seeing the pattern in the old system.

i did like the old way in a sense. going through all the patterns in a category... regularly... helped me to know where to find something.

Thanks for posting the link. I was on the site a couple of days ago, before the new format. There wasn't anything new (hasn't been for a long time) and I was about to remove it from my favorites list. I'll check it out more to see what changes have been made before I make any more comments.

Rachel G, I was wondering why the freepatterns.com links from crochet pattern central weren't working yesterday! Now I know! Hope that doesn't affect your site too much!

Yeah, I noticed this last night, too.

They seem to have removed some patterns, but added some new ones (finally).

I downloaded most of what I liked over the past year, anyway, as I have an ongoing case of PAS, so not having the links works doesn't affect me too much.

I don't like the fact that the links from CPC don't work anymore, though. I always go there first to check out the patterns when I want to make something.

I do like how the colors and the format of the new freepatterns looks more like e-patternscentral, so that you know they are related.

I do like how the colors and the format of the new freepatterns looks more like e-patternscentral, so that you know they are related.

Hmm... maybe that's why they did it?:think:shrug

I don't like the fact that the links from CPC don't work anymore, though. I always go there first to check out the patterns when I want to make something.

Sorry about that. They were broken links for no more than a few days. (I only run link checks twice a week, although sometimes I wonder if I should run them every other day!)

The links to freepatterns.com have now been removed from CPC, as I have no way to link to them at the present (due to the new system).

Archived