Wip, my fingerless mitts FINISHED

Katchkan

I have been working on making for myself another pair of fingerless gloves. I have revamped my original design and changed them into a cross between a mitten and a glove. The index finger and the little finger have slots and the middle and ring finger do not. Very comfortable that way. I am writing down the pattern at the same time. I now have one done and have begun the second. Which should go much faster as all the writing has been done for the pattern. I am doing these in size 80 thread. I know it wont be a pattern for everybody, But there are lots of fingerless gloves in yarn. I like the feel of these thread ones though and the size 80 thread allows me to have a bit more design than a larger thread. I am curious what you all think of these.

th_Fingerlessmit.jpgth_Fingerlessmit2.jpg

These are my original pair. I made about 6 years ago. They are finally wearing out.

th_MyGloves1.jpg

So I will be calling for testers shortly on these. So think about whether you might be interested in testing these.

I finished these today Yeah...............:yay Will post pictures here in a minute.

Oh Kathy, I have been waiting for what seems like forever, for you to put this (these) pattern(s) to print. SEVERAL months ago, you posted a comment and a pic of the red gloves. I fell in love that very second! I have not ever worked with size 80 thread, but have made many projects in 20 & 30. Was a bit challenging at first but once I made the first few rounds...it was almost natural. I have never tested anything for anyone, but if I could assist you in any way, please PM me.

These are great! My daughter was beggin' for a pair of these but none of the patterns were right (for her). Picky little thing. Now these, she'd love!

Hoping to catch your call for testers!

Brae

Beautiful Kathy! I've never been a big fan of fingerless gloves but these are very gorgeous. I'd certainly wear them myself. Sorry, I can't help with testing because I've never worked with that size thread. :(

Well I finished my Fingerless mitts today. Blocked them and put them on and haven't taken the off yet. They are so comfortable. Can you say pleased.

Well I promised pictures.

th_Fingerlessmitta.jpgth_Fingerlessmitt4a.jpgth_Fingerlessmitt3a.jpg

th_Fingerlessmitt2a.jpg

Hope you like them. I know I do........icon_mrgreen.gif Comfy, Comfy, Comfy!!!

Kathy, those are simply stunning. Gorgeous. I don't think there are enough words to descibe them. And I personally agree with you. There are plenty of patterns out there in yarn. We need more things in the delicate threads like this. Great job.

• 1 month later...

Archived