Christmas Beetles

cupcake

hehe, I have been a bit low profile lately cos of a houseful of visitors and a few other things going on in my life. I am now on leave and the creative juices are starting to flow again.

beetles.JPG

Check out my Christmas Beetles on my blog.

http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/

These are worked in Cannon sparkly which I got from Mimi in the Phillipines. The best and prettiest yarns I have used come from the Phillipines and some of our ville members provide a great mail service. (this is a blatant plug for both Jacki and Mimi as their threads are so adorable)

The beetles are not to everyones taste, but they kept me out of mischief. I mean to say, reindeers, and snowmen, and holly are all a bit out of place down here!

I hope you all survived the silly season and look forward to a creative 2007.

great beetles cupcake!

jessi has had fun collecting the dead one's she's found about the place. i think it's neat how they look identical dead or alive, but dead they're like a shell. i love their glossy little shells the best! so opalescent. anyway.. great work as always!!

Gorgeous beetles, cupcake; and the thread looks very nice too, but I wondered if you knew about Crochet Australia? It's just north of Caboolture and has more thread than you could poke a stick at, including Altin Basak Simli which comes in several colours like those you have used for the beetles.

They are online and do mail-order; no vested interest here, just a very very happy customer!

www.crochetaustralia.com.au

Maureen

Gorgeous beetles, cupcake; and the thread looks very nice too, but I wondered if you knew about Crochet Australia? It's just north of Caboolture and has more thread than you could poke a stick at, including Altin Basak Simli which comes in several colours like those you have used for the beetles.

They are online and do mail-order; no vested interest here, just a very very happy customer!

www.crochetaustralia.com.au

Maureen

I have ordered books from here and they provide great service. At the risk of sounding un-Australian (whatever that is) you cant beat the Phillipino gals for threads. They are a lot less expensive than here, even with the postage, the range of colours remarkable, and the service very efficient.

Thanls for all the nice comments!

I just love those cute beetles and they are so unique, cupcake! Oh, and Thanks a million for the plug! ;) May we all have another year of creative ideas! I wish I have more time to turn them into reality though! :lol

:hug

We missed you! :yes I like your beetles. The light purple one is my fav! They remind me of the June bugs we get in June :P Although june bugs are not quite that big, but just as annoying. Also a delicacy for my :cat :cat :cat :cat !

Nice to have you back!:jumpyay

They are so cute! We have some pretty colorful beetles here. I don't know what they are called, but a really pretty blue.

It is amazing how you can capture a beetle in crocheting, but you have mastered it (once again!) :clap

Tina

Archived