hubby made hooks

sfgwife

Ok hubby made these for me as part of my Christmas gifts. Would you buy ones like these and how much would you pay for them? some of them he did the whole hook in wood others he turned the handles and put in the hooks. He did those for the smaller ones.

hubbymade.jpg

Absolutely! I would especially be interested in the smaller hooks like for doing thread. I've been really wanting something like that as the small metal hooks are really hard on my hands.

Those are really beautiful. As for pricing, you would probably want to take a look around online, ebay and the like, you'll see a wide variety of prices, just go somewhere in the higher middle ground and you'd do fine.

Those are beautiful :manyheart I'm not really sure about price it depends on where you're selling them. I've been looking at alot of hooks lately & they start at $10 & go up to $30 for wooden hooks.

I've started a small collection of handmade, turned wood hooks, or rather, more like your hubby's making ... wooden handles with steel hooks inserted. I LOVE them!

I've paid $9.99 up to $17.99 for them, not including the cost of shipping.

Hope that gives you an idea!

Brae

Several of you have liked the white one. That was his first one to me and let me tell you he went back and forth making that one getting it just right for me. It is made of pine so it is VERY light in my hands. but are you liking it because of the white or because of the finger rest it has? Thanks again.

Several of you have liked the white one. That was his first one to me and let me tell you he went back and forth making that one getting it just right for me. It is made of pine so it is VERY light in my hands. but are you liking it because of the white or because of the finger rest it has? Thanks again.

I like the white one because of the clean lines and the color. It looks like it would be very easy to work with.

Cindy you are too funny.......... I get to test them out for him. HAHAHAHA! I told him that I think people would buy them from him and he says "maybe" such a man of many words huh? When he gets home from his little trip I may have him make some to sell on here. I dunno.

you know try local first. I have not sold one hook online but they are going well in my town. I live in a town of cheapskates thu and only charge them 5.00.

for complately handcarved thats underchargeing but here everyone likes that price.

Why not try asking around local sometimes it pays ;)...it did here

my favorite one is the second from the top...is it wood??? i would be interested in buying one,,but it looks like you used boye style hooks,and i would have to have the susan bates kind of hook..i can't use that style with the big ball at the top...hope you know what i mean..don't knnow how else to describe it..as for pricing,,i agree that you should check around and see what others are asking for similar items and then price accordinglyl;;would the be pretty if you embellished them with a bead or somehting at the top of them???? just a thought...maybe not a good one....

I asked my hubby could he make me some he said sure but I need another tool to do so :eek

So I'd buy some of yours ;) The last thing we need is another tool that hubby uses for a week then gets bored with :lol

Alisha.......... well I also have a tool fiend. I have been after him for a while to make me these but yep he needed the new tool too. He does use it for things other than these too. Ya never know he may like turning and stick with it. :)

Archived