Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone. I hope y'alls evening was peaceful and full of hooking. I frogged the fifth circle and found my mistake, and I am working on the 11th ( final) round of motif's 5 and 6.

Shaylen,

Since everyone is begging anyway, I will add my entreaties to the others. I would love to know where you got that pattern.

You will tell us where you found it :spin

:out

Good morning all. I did go to bed earlier last night and I do feel more rested and alert. Severe thunderstorm & tornado watch for today. so far it's just overcast and gloomy.:(

I got the pictures uploaded to the web last night!:yay Just have to figure out how to get them here now. Progress ladies and gents.

Jimmy - it's Friday! You'll soon have your BS and hooks back. Yippee!!!!:devil

Shaylen,

Since everyone is begging anyway, I will add my entreaties to the others. I would love to know where you got that pattern.

:out

Count me in too! I figure a double dose of Darski's hypnosis may just do the trick :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee

Morning to you Linda. Sounds like you have great weather to stay indoors and crochet. Im taking my girls shopping today to buy stuff. I say today but its only 1am saturday morning here. Im glad you got your photos uploaded. I cant wait to see them.

:eek:rofl:rofl:rofl

You Ladies are so funny...and thanks so much for the compliments.

The pattern is out of a book called "Best Of Terry Kimbrough Afghans"There are quite a few in here i would like to make.

Here is a photo at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Terry-Kimbrough-Afghans-Leisure/dp/1574867091/sr=8-2/qid=1168007767/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-9162053-7812138?ie=UTF8&s=books

Juliekay, I am trying out that navajo pattern that you are doing and I was wondering if you could help me understand a couple of things about the pattern.

First: All double crochets [dc] are made in front lps of sts in second Row from one being worked on. This doesn't mean the row just below right? It's ANOTHER row down?

Second: Row 6: Sc in 2 sc, 1 dc, [19 sc, 1 dc] end with 2 sc. Be sure to skip 1 sc behind each dc. The instructions to skip 1 sc behind each dc. This is confusing to me, wouldn't there be a small gap there where you've skipped? And I am not sure if it matters at all which way you look at it, but is it skipping 1 sc on the row you're working on or the one you're DC'ing into?

I see in the one you have done the way it looks, and I'm confused about Row 6 being done in black? Why would you do the pattern starting with this row? Unless its setting up for the next color's row.

I also hope it will turn out alright, I am using Bernat Softee Chunky yarn and an I hook and only did a chain of 165, I really hope that I figured the repeat right. I thought I had but then that skipping of an sc might throw a wrench into the whole thing. I just couldn't see chaining 265 or 285 for that matter. That seems like ALOT! And with my using chunky yarn and a bigger hook, I decided not to go that large.

Any help you can offer on trying to understand this pattern would be awesome, thanks =)

hello every one

what a relief i`m here talking to you ladeis

miss you

after doing several rounds of the ripple afghan i dont like it there is something wrong

i`ll just buy a present

i`ll continue working on the 200squares afghan before the 63stiches afghan`s book reach me nyahaha

Wanda Kay~ that is lovely, with all these BS patterns being shown on this thread, I might just start another bs before I finish the one I am working on. I guess I am turning into a kid in crochet store. :devil:hook

I think I have this figured out. We'll see. Here's the link to see pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=834&l=f0cce&id=563345290

The bedspreads are shown on a queen-sized bed. The Preemie afghans are shown on a double bed.

It works!!!:woo Enjoy! The lady in the picture is Kim.

Shaylen, I am going to be drueling so much with all the beautiful BS on this thread, I might short out my keyboard. :oops

so many blankets with only one life to finish them. Maybe I will live to a hundred. :) All of them have been so difficult to choose which one to do next.

Archived