santa, snowman, and reindeer xmas ornaments

specialkate

Here is a pic of the ornaments I made from the roxycraft free xmas patterns. Since I didn't have access to furry white wool I ended up altering santa quite a lot (but am very pleased with how he turned out). I am thinking of stringing them together vertically so my mom can hang all three of them on her front door (maybe even put a few bells between the joining linkages?). Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated! Love to hear what you think!

312381881_c321308b34.jpg

They all look wonderful, and I love the idea of stringing them together with bells in between!

We did a similar thing (lavendar in little sachets) on a thick braided piece back when I was in Brownies. We just tacked the sachets on the braid.

Now you've got me wanting to try some of those ornaments!!

Sally

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to post a picture once I get around to stringing them together. I haven't quite figured out HOW exactly I plan on doing that...maybe with some red, green, and white yarn?? :think (that is my priliminary thought anyways). I sort of wonder how they will hang though. I bought three bells today so hopefully I will find time soon! (and inspiration for that matter)

I just thought of something. How about giving the reindeer a red nose?

They are so adorable!!!:yes

I thought about a red nose when I was making him, but it didn't look right. I liked the whole muted tones scheme and a dark wine red just didn't suit. I ended up sticking with the black nose, although I think he is sort of moose looking...originally I thought he would make an adorable bear (with some ears and sans antlers of course). Thanks for the idea though! I am sure someone could make that work perfectly! :)

• 1 year later...

Archived