i'll show you mine if you show me yours!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is just 1 photo of the many I had to take to get it all, you can visit here to see the rest of the photo's http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n180/lhasaapsolady9/craft%20room/

And here is the just 1, there is yarn inside the buffet, and in the corner stand bottom doors. Also, not sure if you can see or not, but there are suitcases and bags under the buffet that have yarn in them. There is also an antique steamer trunk right at the corner of the buffet, its full up of rug yarn.

DSCN1159-1.jpg

I'm not worthy!!!

*Pointing up*

My yarn collection isn't 1/10 of that! Right now I have 1 skein of LB unopened, 2 skein of Knitpick unopened, 1 skein of Peaches and Cream cotton and the rest are odds and ends from making Christmas presents.

I feel the urge to finish up my odds and ends before buying new yarns. The feeling of having them in my room makes me think they're going to eat me up if I continue buying more yarn.

I don't have any pictures of my stash (yet), but I currently have 2 4 foot high, 3 shelf bookcases filled with yarn. I've separated out the cotton from the acrylics, and the baby weight from worsted weight. I've then gone in and color coordinated each section, so I can see completely at a glance what I have. It's a decent size, but not as big as some here (I admit it, I currently have stash envy! :lol ).

But I did buy some yarn over Thanksgiving weekend, so now I really need a new bookcase. Plus, I currently have my threads in a basket, and the basket is a little too small, and the balls keep falling over).

BTW, for the most part, my cats ignore the yarn, but there's one section (of red WW acrylics) closest to the floor that some cat (probably my little Charlie, she's a feisty one) keeps dragging out the yarn.

I also have a nice laundry-sized basket of just scraps, and that's filled with yarn.

OK you guys are making me salivate here on some of your stashes!

These are OLD pics, I have more yarn now but here are a few pics of my stash last yr. I also acquired a yarn winder to make it neater & store more yarn! Yeah!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/kazily/stash4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/kazily/stash1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/kazily/cabinet3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

***:eek this means I have to go to the storage unit that i rented just for my stash yes thats right I have a storage unit that i rent for my stash, I have it all in rubbermaid totes that are numbered and here at home I have the numbers stored on the computer with what kind of yarn, colors and how many in each tote so that if I get a pattern that I want to make I look up and see if I have the yarn and I will know what tote I have it in and if I have enough.

***:eek this means I have to go to the storage unit that i rented just for my stash yes thats right I have a storage unit that i rent for my stash, I have it all in rubbermaid totes that are numbered and here at home I have the numbers stored on the computer with what kind of yarn, colors and how many in each tote so that if I get a pattern that I want to make I look up and see if I have the yarn and I will know what tote I have it in and if I have enough.

:hyper Wait....you have what? A storage unit...for your stash? :faint You ARE my queen.

Oh yeah....can I come and live with you? :hook

:yesYes I do I had so much yarn that I have gotten from estate sales and and some just given to me that I had no room ( I don't have a basement) I went out and had to get a storage unit I even still have yarn in the trunk of my car that no one know about.:think

And my husband thought I had to much Yarn?:lol :lol :lol

we were cleaning up stairs in my room--- mouse problem . Caught one but not the other.

He went and brought me 2 large plastic containers and 2 small ones.

The problem is I quilt, sew, counted cross stitch. all kinds of needlework. :yes and I love to do it all. I also play the piano; thus have many music books and hymnals.

I thought I had a big yarn stasth until I saw yalls. But, at least it keeps us happy right? :yesPINKROSES

these stashes are so cool. They look like MINE......LOL. Hubby doesn't say anything about mine though. He has a wood and tool fetish :D. So we "support" each others' habits. :) He will go into the craft stores with me and wander off then come back to me and he even helps me find stuff and says things like I like this color or this texture and stuff like that. I do the same to him when he goes for the "good wood" and help him decide what I like and what he can make me with it lol. So we don't fight about how much one has over the other we just do it together.

Here is just 1 photo of the many I had to take to get it all, you can visit here to see the rest of the photo's http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n180/lhasaapsolady9/craft%20room/

And here is the just 1, there is yarn inside the buffet, and in the corner stand bottom doors. Also, not sure if you can see or not, but there are suitcases and bags under the buffet that have yarn in them. There is also an antique steamer trunk right at the corner of the buffet, its full up of rug yarn.

DSCN1159-1.jpg

I should print out your photo and title it "What I want for Christmas!" LOL I WISH! I love your yarn stash :manyheart

For someone trying to use up their stash, this is definitely the wrong thread for me to be reading!! I want to not only see everyone's stash but I want to feel it.

LOL so do I :lol

my goal is to NOT buy any more til after christmas... and somehow use up... hmm... a reasonable amount... i know i won't get through a whole bin unless i make 2 afghans (the blue bin is all afghan yarn). but i've got a few christmas presents and scarves planned. and i really do need to use up some because i really have nowhere else to put it. i won't resort to buying another bin because i'll never hear the end of it from my fiance... he thought it was bad when i had to buy the 2nd one. it's not my fault that you can get way more yarn than you can for the price of a video game, and the yarn just happens to take up more space. =X

lol this is our argument too. He has spent twice as much on video games as I have on yarn and thread. Of course he conveniently forgets that when he scolds me for having to buy another bin for my things :yes

Archived