i'll show you mine if you show me yours!!!

alright ladies, here's your chance to share in a little yarn indulgence. i want pictures of everyone's stash! here's mine. =)

62865DSCN11361-med.jpg complete with my "so much yarn, so little time" tote from joann's =)

62865DSCN1137-med.jpg closeup of my semi-organized yarn - this is the nicest it's ever looked.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't feel bad at all...u make me feel good because i only have one tote...but it doesn't keep me from wandering to the yarn section everytime i'm in walmart....i was on vacation last week and my highlight was going to JoAnn's and Michael's to look at yarn:lol

Wow many beautiful colors. :yarn You have a nice stash of yarn. When you purchase your yarn do you have a certain project in mind?

i used to... LOL. i'd either go to the store with a pattern in mind, or i'd see yarn and get an idea for it and buy it.... now, if it's pretty, i buy a few skeins (usually enough for a scarf at least), and get it home and figure out what to do with it LOL. i think that's how i ended up with all that.

Wow! that is a nice lot of yarn! I pretty much just buy for the project at hand except for thread, now, that, I have almost any color I could need for anything. Get to hooking, girl, so you can show and tell!

my goal is to NOT buy any more til after christmas... and somehow use up... hmm... a reasonable amount... i know i won't get through a whole bin unless i make 2 afghans (the blue bin is all afghan yarn). but i've got a few christmas presents and scarves planned. and i really do need to use up some because i really have nowhere else to put it. i won't resort to buying another bin because i'll never hear the end of it from my fiance... he thought it was bad when i had to buy the 2nd one. it's not my fault that you can get way more yarn than you can for the price of a video game, and the yarn just happens to take up more space. =X

Ok, thats it I can't take any more. I must gather up all my yarn a take a picture of my stash. Then I must erase picture for my hard drive and hope hubby never knows how much yarn I truely have.... be back in like an hour or so with pictures....

Ok here are my pictures... I am not very organized since I started my christmas gifts. So please bear with me.... All photos my be enlarged by clicking on them.

th_myyarnstash7.jpg

th_myyarnstash6.jpg

th_myyarnstash5.jpg

th_myyarnstash4.jpg

th_myyarnstash3.jpg

th_myyarnstash2.jpg

th_myyarnstash11-22-06.jpg

Oh, this is not everything. I have like another diaper box full in my bedroom.

You asked.....

This is my yarn closet

303855959_fe505324ac_m.jpg

Top Shelf - mostly Super Soft and Baby Yarn

303855960_5d2ddf7d33_m.jpg

Hang Bag -

303855961_8683c1e12e_m.jpg

all these bins are full:

303855962_f6768fbc70_m.jpg

These drawers are mostly novelty yarns:

303858482_5773e93121_m.jpg

This "desk" in the guest room is full of threads and fancy yarns (chenille, boucle, etc):

303858486_258e16a0a9_m.jpg

and then there are the bags holding my wips - right now thats a bit of baby yarn, a lot of homespun and some red heart.

:)

And I don't hide any from Hubby! :D

Hey, worm... what is the hang bag called? I need a couple of those. I couldn't hide my yarn anymore. But since hubby is almost always with me when I buy yarn. I can't really say he doesn't know about the yarn. It is just to see it all together I think he would absolutely tell me that I had to use at least half of my stash up before he would buy me any more yarn. He doesn't have a problem with the amount of thread I have, its only about 8 to 10 balls.

Vicki - it's a closet organizer. I got that one at Target for about .....$12, I think. It's a good one because it hangs from a metal frame. I had originally gotten a less expensive one, but it ripped. That's whats haning along the top shelf of the closet.

This is not the one I got, but it's similar. Make sure you get one that has a metal from on top and hangs from hooks throught the frame - that way it won't rip. Yarn can be heavier than we think. :)

Vicki - it's a closet organizer. I got that one at Target for about .....$12, I think. It's a good one because it hangs from a metal frame. I had originally gotten a less expensive one, but it ripped. That's whats haning along the top shelf of the closet.

This is not the one I got, but it's similar. Make sure you get one that has a metal from on top and hangs from hooks throught the frame - that way it won't rip. Yarn can be heavier than we think. :)

Thank you. I think that you have a great idea. I will be looking for a couple on friday.

I am going out into the madness known as "Black Friday". If I return from this said madness then I will be a happy, happy woman! :lol

I can't fit my pictures here because there's too many of them, so I'll give you the links to check it out yourself. 3 web pages full of photos of my stash.

Page 1 http://homepage.mac.com/coxsalida/PhotoAlbum11.html

Page 2 http://homepage.mac.com/coxsalida/PhotoAlbum12.html

Page 3 http://homepage.mac.com/coxsalida/PhotoAlbum13.html

Keep in mind, these photos were taken about a year ago and I've added quite a bit to my stash. My books/mags now take up an entire bookshelf that is about 7ft high and 4ft wide. I have so many books/mags that they don't all fit on this bookcase anymore. Then there's the bags of yarn in my closet because it just doesn't fit in my craft room any longer. And there's also my WIP collection! Man, do I have a WIP collection. :rofl

Guess I should update my photos. :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Here is just 1 photo of the many I had to take to get it all, you can visit here to see the rest of the photo's http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n180/lhasaapsolady9/craft%20room/

And here is the just 1, there is yarn inside the buffet, and in the corner stand bottom doors. Also, not sure if you can see or not, but there are suitcases and bags under the buffet that have yarn in them. There is also an antique steamer trunk right at the corner of the buffet, its full up of rug yarn.

DSCN1159-1.jpg

Archived