My Tea Cozy

kidge

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

This is my first attempt at making Cupcake's Tea Cosy but as you can probably tell ....It didn't come out like hers... it curls up a bit like a ripple. I know it has something to do with how I was holding it but ..after froggin twice.. my hubby looked at me and said "do it your way, hun". This is my absolute favorite item I have crocheted. IT is just magnificent and the colors match my decor beautifully. THANK YOU, Cupcake!! :)

:manyheart

Kidge

Hey, that looks just like what my first attempt was, too! I can help you!! (I hope...) If you're planning on making another one, that is...

th_Picture861.jpg

(Clickable Image)

When you go to do the second part of the 'scallop', you have to work back up the ch-2 loop. What I was doing was starting at the top, and working down. You have to start at the bottom, and work up. Does it make sense? I hope so. If you want to do another one, and get stuck, let me know and I'll try to help you since I did the same exact thing.

(I wasn't trying to steal from your post, I hope you don't mind if I posted the picture of mine in there. I was trying to show you how mine turned out the same way...)

:hook

Tina

I like your colors by the way, too.

I love your colors also... and am glad to see that it wasn't just me.. yes after christmas I would love to make another one. And will definately pick your brain when the time comes.:hug

:manyheart

Kidge

These tea cozies are so cute. Great job!

So, can I ask...did Cupcake post her's somewhere so I can try it while I still have leftover yarn?

Stephanie

Stephanie- Here ya go: Cupcakes Scalloped Tea Cozy There are Australian instructions, and American instructions, scroll down for the American.

These tea cozies are so cute. Great job!

So, can I ask...did Cupcake post her's somewhere so I can try it while I still have leftover yarn?

Stephanie

I think it's beautiful! It doesn't look like Cupcakes scallop (which I haven't yet tried, though I love her popcorn pattern), but it's beautiful as it's own pattern! I like the wave pattern, and the colors are GREAT!

That is a great tea cozy. I think with the recent tea cozy swap there are now many of these cozies floating around...:D I love the colors in yours.

Hey there, that looks great! The trick in the scallop is in working the bptr in a V.

I do love your colour choices and it is in such a lovey setting.

That is a very pretty cozy!! the color combination is so lovely.And Mom w/a Motif....yours is great too! I always get complimented on mine when I use it if I have guests.......Cupcake..THANKS for this fun and unique pattern! Kidget29, thanks for sharing it with us! Sit back and enjoy the compliments!

Archived